Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The government take things too far?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

Regardless of how bad sugary sodas can be for someone, why ban the sale of any larger than 16 oz? Do others not see how beyond wrong this is? What's next?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM
No more big gulp?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM

just the NYC city council

Lizard_Lina
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao the idea is that they won't drink so much soda... They won't be as fat.... But theres no law against selling them 2....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

You are right. Maybe I should clarify. But still if they can do this there, what makes others think it can't happen everywhere

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

just the NYC city council

elarsen4eva
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Even if they ban the size people will drink the same amount of soda it'll just take mire bottles
iwillstapleyou
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I think we consume far too much soda, which is full of empty calories and addictive, toxic chemicals. That being said, I think this is a poor idea and isn't going to be very effective.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I know! That's what I was thinking too. Actually the sales tax on 2 would be greater than the sales tax on one larger than 16 oz. I think it's more about money than making people healthier.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Lmao the idea is that they won't drink so much soda... They won't be as fat.... But theres no law against selling them 2....

delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

OMG you can't get a huge soda and add to the obesity rate and diebetes rate in the country. Along with countless other health problems.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM

But that should be the persons choice, not the governments.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

OMG you can't get a huge soda and add to the obesity rate and diebetes rate in the country. Along with countless other health problems.

delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Why should someone be able to choose to be unhealthy? I mean really it makes no sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

But that should be the persons choice, not the governments.

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)