Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom Confession and why I think DH does it wrong

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

when it comes to watching DD.  He always complains about how needy she is and how he can't get anything done because she always wants his attention.

I think I know why now.  I let DD go upstairs to her room and play by herself. She isn't 2 yet but she has no issue, I hear her on the baby monitor and I check with her regularly.  Like right now she is upstairs "reading"a story to her stuffed animals or singing.  I see no issue with her playing by herself every now and then.  She does fine and chooses to go up there herself.  She has no issues when playing with other children so I am not worried about her becoming a recluse or anything.  And when she becomes bored or wants to play with us we will play with her.

DH thinks it is sad that I let her play by herself upstairs while I do other things like homework, chat here or clean the house.  
What do you think? 

Looking for like minded moms who are laid back and a bit kinky?  Click on my siggy!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. It's not sad. It's a great skill for Kids to learn to entertain themselves
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Its a good thing she wants to go play by herself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM

He is insane! I have four kids. If I didn't let my children play alone, nothing would get done. No dinners, no clean floors....it is literally impossible to keep a clean house and cater to your child every waking moment. Not only that, but healthy children learn to entertain themselves. It fosters imagination.

blues_pagan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM

That is what I said!  And she has zero issue when it comes to other kids.  In fact she will usually figure out what is going on and then go play with other kids on her own.  

When she is home she doesn't need us all of the time but I have a feeling that is what DH does.

Quoting 3_girls_86:

Its a good thing she wants to go play by herself.

PhoenixsMommy10
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Children need to be able to entertain themselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I let my 2 year old daughter play in her room by herself. I think it's a good thing. She needs to learn to entertain herself from time to time.
momof3ak
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Playing alone is a must! You can't let her think she needs someone to play with her every day or you will have issues.
Babygirl9609
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Yeah its a good thing and it is not sad. My son does the same thing. But of course when he wants to play with I will.
blues_pagan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Oh same here!  If DD comes to get me then I go where she leads lol.  But not all of the time.  I don't hover, I think DH does a bit when I am not here.

And he wonders why he can't seem to get anything accomplished when he is home and I am not.

Quoting Babygirl9609:

Yeah its a good thing and it is not sad. My son does the same thing. But of course when he wants to play with I will.

lnr187
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:51 PM

as long as you're not leaving her up there for hours on end, or ignoring her, i think it's good that she learns to entertain herself sometimes. i wish ss could entertain himself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)