• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't expect many replies, but I am so proud! ***EDIT)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
11 moms liked this

I am 41.  I was in 13 foster homes as a child from birth to 11 years old.  I was sexually, physically and mentally abused.  Then given back to my mother who carried on the physical and mental abuse.  I married at 16, to a man who continued the abuse.  I raised 2 strong amazing daughters who both recently graduated college.  I received my degree and have a wonderful career.  And 4 years ago I married an amazing man.  

BUT, I suffer from PTSD and depression, anxiety and a mood disorder.  I have not taken medication on a regular basis and have ignored my diagnoses.  This morning my husband and I went to the local Army clinic (he is military) and we saw a new doctor.  I finally broke down and told the truth for the first time about my past and my problems.  Fearful that she would reject me or just ignore me all together.  I knew I had to do something, because now, it has gotten so bad that when anyone other then my kids or husband touch me, even in passing, I feel their touch for hours after, it physically hurts me.  

That did not happen, she listened to me, she listened to my husband.  Longer story short within the next 2 weeks I am meeting with a psychiatrist and a therapist.  She is referring me to an inpatient facility where I will get a week of intense therapy and help.  

It felt so good to get that all off of my chest.  And I feel so hopeful that I will finally get help.  I may actually be normal!

If you have gotten this far, thank you!

Thank you ladies for the kind encouragement!!!!!!  You have made me cry and feel even better about my decision.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I'm sorry you went through that *hugs* and I wish you well with your new set of doctors and your journey getting the help you need and deserve :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

You're doing amazing things right now, good for you!!

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Yay!

I hope all works well for you :)

SamsMomSays
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Congratulations on taking hold of your life! And good job on choosing a good man and raising strong kids! Just remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life. And now that you are on your way up, it's just going to keep getting better!!! Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM

That's wonderful! I went through similar things as a child, therapy really does help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Good luck!!
cLanief
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Cool beans ! :-) good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

GOOD FOR YOU! You took the first and most important step. I hope you inspire others to reach out for help. Be open to the treatment, take it seriously and enjoy the path to being the best of yourself that you can be. So happy for you momma, sounds like it's about time. Positive energy and prayers, and lots of luck on your road to recovery :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Glad things are going well for you now!!!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Good luck!  PSTD is a bitch, but you can beat it!  You may never be "cured" but you'll learn how to manage it and be the boss of your symptoms instead of being ruled by them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)