Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is it so bad for us to get a little help once in a while

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 79 Replies
2 moms liked this
I posted about getting a house cleaner come to before our kids birthday party tomorrow. There were only a few responses and of course one was a mom saying i have just as many kids and my house is spotless. I explained that getting the decorations, party favors and cake and cupcakes made while trying to get the deep cleaning done was a challenge. Of course no reply back.

As I sit nursing my 6 month old I was thinking why shouldn't a mom get that help on occasion without feeling guilty. Why do we expect moms to do it all. If a man said they had a gardener no one would say a thing. I have a 3000 sq f house. We have had something going on everyday this week and I want to enjoy the party and not be exhausted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

do you really care what others think?  i think that is the problem.. if you didnt you wouldnt be posting this, sounding like you are sad.

i have 2 kids, i am a SAHM, i have a housekeeper once a week, my DH cooks on the weekend, and we have take out during the week.

do you think i care what others think, no, why, because its my life and the way i live.  

why would you even defend yourself... 

lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Guess I am not controversial enough. Some people just need to post pictures of a hat and get 700+ replies. Oh well, I am done nursing anyway.
nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Why would you care what other people think?
lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I am nor sad I just don't get the need to bash other women for getting help on occasion. When I see that you have a housekeeper I think that it awesome.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

do you really care what others think?  i think that is the problem.. if you didnt you wouldnt be posting this, sounding like you are sad.

i have 2 kids, i am a SAHM, i have a housekeeper once a week, my DH cooks on the weekend, and we have take out during the week.

do you think i care what others think, no, why, because its my life and the way i live.  

why would you even defend yourself... 

lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Isnt this what this site is about. Discussing opinions.

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

Purple_princess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I had my moms cleaner come and deep clean my kitchen and the main bathroom a few days before my sons birthday. I don't see anything wrong with it. 

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

nothing wrong with getting help, but you can do it, you're just making excuses. 

mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Nah, you shouldn't feel guilty.  If I could afford it I would have someone come in and clean every week!! I also have a 3000 sq. foot home. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Can you not have someone (family) come and help? DS 12 had a huge bday party last month and my sister came to help set up etc

nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Yes, to a point.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Isnt this what this site is about. Discussing opinions.

Quoting nursiepooLPN:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)