Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad mom...?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

feel like a bad mom since my husband took my son who is 21 months old to jihn incredible pizza and his throwing tantrums scared of the rides he put him on since he keeps pointing and saying "on" and when it starts he screams his head off like his terrified running away when other kids come to play ugh it makes me want to cry seems like my son is very anti social because his dad never wants to go anywheres where his not around and when we take him to the park he has tol hold his hand every single step of the way even when going down the slide my husband doesnt want t let go cuz he thinks he'll go to fast and fall off the slide now im not saying i would let my son do whatever and wreck havock and me not watch him but come on now he has to let him go and grow and explore on his own

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
That is the longest sentence ever....
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

my brain hurts.

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM
First child?
mommyvidana
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM

yes first child i know its long but i feel like i needed to vent...oops wrong group....

good point as well i need to work on my grammar skills lol

mlsc85
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM

You need to calm down. Your son is not ready to go it alone. My daughter did not slide down the slide unassistted till she was 3. She just was not comfortable with it. She is definitely not anti-social. She is a little social butterfly, but she was very dependent on me when she was younger (she is 5 now). My son, who is 20 months old with do everything by himself, but calls me over to hold his hand when going down the slide. I keep another little boy who is 22 months old who is "balls to the wall" all the time and does EVERYTHING by himself. Also, as far as not wanting to play with other kids, children around 20 months of age don't typically play well with others. This is the age where they explore things on their own! 

My point is that every child is different. Because this is your first, he is going to be super attached. Let him be. HE IS ONLY THIS YOUNG ONCE. This is the only time in his life that it will be acceptable for him to be this way. Enjoy it, you just might miss him needing you when it is gone.  

Quoting mommyvidana:

yes first child i know its long but i feel like i needed to vent...oops wrong group....

good point as well i need to work on my grammar skills lol

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Wow so very hard to understand
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Man...that was hard to read.  Toddlers typically play independently even when around children.  At that age, I'd only expect them to go down Little Tikes small slides.  Many of the slides at our parks are for kids 5+.  A few parks have smaller structures.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)