Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do with him

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

so im 2 weeks away from my due date and i have a 3 almost 4 yr old what..he is very active and loves being outside (of course) i use to run around with him but im at the point now where i cant do it standing to long i start getting very irritable and and all i want to do is lay down...so any ideas on what i can do with him..

we have a park outside but i can see him getting really bored being that all the kdis are in school and i cant play with him like i use to. i use to do basketball with him but once again he's start getting bored..im so lost and feel bad for keeping him in the house

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Make a scaveneger hunt at the park. Then you sit on the bench and let him run around finding things and reporting back so you can check it off the list and give him his next task.
yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

i really like this idea but i have no idea what things to use maybe like his little cars you think?

Quoting Anonymous:

Make a scaveneger hunt at the park. Then you sit on the bench and let him run around finding things and reporting back so you can check it off the list and give him his next task.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Make play dates for him?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That would work. It can even be as simple as go find a pine cone, or find a rock with a square edge, or just random stuff you think of. If he can recognize letters, you can also take chalk and write letters on the playground and surrounding stuff/ground (or just use letter magnets) and have him hunt for the next random letter.

I have also brought a stop watch, and had my son race to the slide and back, while I time him, or see how fast he can do 20 jumping jacks, to help him burn energy.

Quoting yo.momma.:

i really like this idea but i have no idea what things to use maybe like his little cars you think?

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

im still working on meeting new people we just moved in this area about 2 weeks ago and i noticed that when a lot of the kids do come outside the parents are not with them its mostly elementary age children running around together 

Quoting spunky946:

Make play dates for him?

yo.momma.
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM

sometimes on a warm day i throw on the sprinkler and let him run outside in the back yard with our dogs but i dont feel like its been warm enough for that lately (we're in hawaii) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)