Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you know anyone...

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
that completely changes themseleves when they are with someone new?

My mom does. She got married recently, and I have obviously known her my whole life. She has never had a puppy for more than a month. She just doesn't want to care for a pet.
Now, she is married to a man that has many animals: dogs, a snake, turtles... And all of a sudden, she has always wanted a house full of animals.
She has now also always wanted a motorcycle, now that her new husband has one.
She also tries to re-write history. LOL
I have a twin sister. He mentioned that if he had had twins, he would have named one of us with a name that begins with an "a" & the other with a "b." Now, she, too, wanted to do that, but my dad wouldn't let her. Really?

It's not a big deal, honestly. Just really annoying. Does anyone else know someone like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Are you my sister? Sounds like my bio mom
southernbelle07
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:06 PM
LOL it's not a big deal. It just gets annoying.

Quoting lauren.m:

Are you my sister? Sounds like my bio mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Quoting southernbelle07:

Trust me i know Its annoying
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I have a friend that has selective memory or downright says she never said things.  I wouldn't say that she changes herself with someone new.  It is more that she changes her past to justify her current situation. 

angelbabies11
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom does the same thing! SO ANNOYING!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I know exactly what you mean! My sister does that. That's annoying, too.

And when you followup her denial with statements that she has no lie for, her response is always, "what do you mean?" That is how everyone knows she's lying.

Quoting mommytoeandb:

I have a friend that has selective memory or downright says she never said things.  I wouldn't say that she changes herself with someone new.  It is more that she changes her past to justify her current situation. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM

My brother does that every time he dates someone new. The real him hunts, fishes, works out, and eats like a pig. The last gf turned him into Zak Efron, now he's suddenly a nerd who likes reading and video games lol. It's funny to me because he has never read a book in his life, he didn't even know the months of the year when he was in high school!! 

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Yep! SIL liked NASCAR when her first dh raced, loved hunting when her second DH was into hunting, went completely overboard decorating with camo when her 3rd dh was "outdoorsy" and loved horses when her next SO was into ranching or whatever. I often wonder who she truly is without a man in her life. She's never been without one. I'm not sure she has a personality.

Jennyanne322
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I have had friends like that. One would come to me asking sports questions cause her boyfriend was big into sports. She would pretend like she knew what he was talking about.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)