Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trolls ???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Who come up with calling people trolls because they don't like what someone says ? And if you go to groups to look for people to call trolls doesn't that make you a troll ? IDK .. I think this whole troll thing is immature and ignorant.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:12 PM

agreed!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

its a troll if its unbelievable usually

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM

The term "troll" predates Cafemom, and in a way, the internet itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

alimorgan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM

The term troll came from people that like to get on the Internet in general and post in forums, get into live chats at websites like say best buy, they  have no actual purpose except to try and get under someones skin or say stupid things, or vulgar things for attention.

I use to work for a company in their web chat department, we provided technical assistance and billing assistance to our customers, trolls came in all the time, you would hear one person or another yell out I gotta troll, they would save the conversation, only because they were highly entertaining and send out an email to everyone in the department so we could read it , They always had fake names, but our system tracked ip addresses so we knew if the customer was in a serviceable area, we would get trolls that would change their name and come in and type profanities then leave and go into another chat, if they got to vulgar or if they became threatening we would let them know we had their IP and would report them. We had a few that were stupid enough to put in their real phone numbers but fake names, we would search in our data system to see if the number belonged to a customer, if it did we could actually change the fake name to the customer name , that always scared them away permanently

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)