Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is this fair?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I've been in the medical field for 20 years, I am a practice manager.  This has always happened and it always amazes me.  But this new job, it happens more then ever in.  Some of our patients are the CEO of a large hospital in our area.  The owner of a LARGE food production company...(hint, your Big Mac's come from this guy).  And countless CEO's of banks, businesses, ect.  

The doctor I work for always gives these patients free medications, they never have to pay their copays, and just now I wrote off a balance of $3,000.00 for someone who just bought himself a private jet.  Yet every day I have to send "regular" people to collections for under 500.00.  And they always have to pay the copay.  And 

What is wrong with this world!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen_keiko
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM

it's a sad sad world we live in... me thinks maybe the doc is getting payment in other forms...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Quoting jen_keiko:

it's a sad sad world we live in... me thinks maybe the doc is getting payment in other forms...

I've worked for over 100 docs in my life, and they are all the same!

Love060708kids
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

:(

It's really unfortunate.  Those who can afford things don't have to pay.  Amazing.

nerdymom28
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I agree...it's really sad. :( I wish I could change it!

RockEducation
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Unfortunately, this world and life isn't fair.

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Is this another "you want to re-distribute the wealth" question??

<totally sarcastic>

The more $$ you have, the less you have to actually spend on normal things, like everyone else has to. KWIM?

mlsc85
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM

You scratch my back I scratch yours. That is the kind of world we live in. It sucks, but really, you can't change it. Just do you and let the rest of the shit roll off your back. 

Sandiekd21
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM

If I were yu, I'd report it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quoting happinessforyou:

The more $$ you have, the less you have to actually spend on normal things, like everyone else has to. KWIM?

Oh yeah, the doctor I work for took me to lunch.  She took me to a place she frequents, they gave her like 1/2 off her bill.  As she was signing the credit card bill, I'm lookign at her 100,000 ring set thinking, something is seriously WRONG!

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM

frown mini

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting happinessforyou:

Oh yeah, the doctor I work for took me to lunch.  She took me to a place she frequents, they gave her like 1/2 off her bill.  As she was signing the credit card bill, I'm lookign at her 100,000 ring set thinking, something is seriously WRONG!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)