• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at my wits end!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

It is so frustrating! I bust my ass for 5 days to get my kids straightened out. Following rules, chores, not arguing, basics really. They go to there dad's for 3 nights and its out the window! He doesn't make them do anything there...sits them infront of a tv, or a game and does as he wishes. I have sat and talked to him. Told him we need to be on the same basic page..bed times, and routines and rules and groundings...And he starts out great. Then a few weeks in and we are right back here...

Now my 6 year old isn't focusing at school. They have to put him in a seperate desk back to the class to make sure he gets his assignment done! And my daughters headstart teacher has told me that she is seeming more whiny...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mlsc85
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Well...all I have to say about that is that my parents have been together for 30 years. When I was six, and my parents were together, I still had to be separated from the class. Some kids are just like that. 

jen_keiko
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM

whenever my DD tries something (like being whiny or demanding) after coming home from her dad's i tell her that while the rules may be different when she's with him, they don't change at home while she's gone. i give her 1 warning and then consequences if she repeats the behavior. it's hard and it sucks to have to be the "mean mommy" but after 3 years of spending weekends at dad's she's finally got the switch over down.

just stay consistent and maintain your rules in your home. kids are smart, they'll get it. good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)