Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD is being bullied at school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

My dd got in my car today crying. She told me some kids from another class were calling her a stupid fat ass. This isnt the first time she has been bullied. The other time the girl was in her class calling her a f@#ing bi!@#. The school has a no bulling policy but it seems all that is being done to the bullies is just being talked to. My dd said today she never wants to go back to school. She already has issues in school now this is making it worse. What can I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM
How old is she?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM

anyone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM

she is 9

Quoting Mama2ETA:

How old is she?

Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:52 PM
And i am so sorry. I don't understand how this language is being used.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Did she stand up for herself? You need to teach her to stand up to them and if they don't back down, go to the teacher.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:54 PM

When the kids are copying what they see at home.

Quoting Mama2ETA:

And i am so sorry. I don't understand how this language is being used.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I would go talk to her teacher and/or principle. I would make sure something is done. I was opposite. My dd WAS the bully. I was so hurt and couldn't believe it. I took some action and now she's no longer the bully. 

imultracool
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM
3 moms liked this
That's insane. I would be telling the principal you want a meeting with him/her, the teachers, and the other parents. They need to do more than just talk to the kids. They know what they're doing. I'm sorry your DD is having such a hard time. I hope things get better for her.
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to be vigilant. Report each insident immediatley to the principal. Follow up with an email EVERY TIME you speak to the principal about this. (This gives you a paper trail.) If it continues, go to the Superintendant. Again, follow up with him each time via email. Finally, if it is still a problem, file a formal complaint against both. (I went through this with ds)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

She says she tries to tell them to stop but they just laugh and tell the teacher she is the 1 talking while they are whispering when the teacher isnt looking. Then if she tries to tell a teacher they wont let her talk b/c it isnt the right time or she is worried to say anything infront of the kids b/c if she does they get meaner.

Quoting spunky946:

Did she stand up for herself? You need to teach her to stand up to them and if they don't back down, go to the teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)