Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Women question pls help!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
Sorry for the title!

As I have a AA daughter (adopted dh & I are white)

We used a creme for Eczema and now she has skin discoloration, Anything I can do?

Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xanayda
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley9603
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM

What kind of cream are you using?My son has exzema and if you use too much of the prescription for too long his skin will discolor a little.(Only able to use the cream during really bad outbreaks of itching)

JaQuan_Jayla
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM

The cream is prescription? 

AdoptingMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Her skin was cracking and bleeding, Since we use Crisco as a maintaining moisturizer. Its worked miracles. But her skin is still spotty :/

Quoting ashley9603:

What kind of cream are you using?My son has exzema and if you use too much of the prescription for too long his skin will discolor a little.(Only able to use the cream during really bad outbreaks of itching)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM
it was its been a bit, nut the skin is still spotty. Anything to help it reapair itself?

Quoting JaQuan_Jayla:

The cream is prescription? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyJade
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM

My niece has eczema and she uses mometasone furoate cream. It works really well. It's never caused discoloration. I would ask your pediatrician about prescribing you some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:24 PM
For the discoloration I was taught to use tone soap it will help even her color and add baby oil to her bath to help with eczema.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

Her skin was cracking and bleeding, Since we use Crisco as a maintaining moisturizer. Its worked miracles. But her skin is still spotty :/

Quoting ashley9603:

this is what we use http://www.motherlove.com/product/1101_GS-Green-Salve.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)