Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
my stbxh is taking me to court for to get custody of my son.I dont have the money for a lawyer and im only getting back 180 in taxes so that wont help either.ds is 7 weeks old his dad has seen him maybe an hour his entire life he doesn help with him at all he never asks about him or anything else.he takes care of his 2 girlfriends kids physically and financially but wont do crap for our son.He only wants himm because i filed for child support.he said because im on anti depressants and dont have a job i will lose.i have my own place my kids are fed and have everything they need i have savings enough for another 2 months i am actively looking for a job and i get cs from my dd's dad.he has 2 jobs(fire fighter so hardly ever home) and lives with his mom.what can i do?legal aid wont do custody cases(i called) and i live in a tiny town.i dont want him to take my son
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM
bump
AO-88
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM
If you already have custody he has to prove you unfit and at least here not having a job doesn't qualify as unfit. They also don't usually like to disrupt the child's life especially when they have siblings. If you really are afraid find a lawyer who might go probono or take payments? I'd at least call a lawyer and ask what your chances of losing is. Make sure of you have any proof of him not being in your child's life you take that to court as well. I'm do sorry your going through this.

Also about the depressants I'm on celexa and take norco for a couple chronic conditions and I still have full custody of my son.

Also I have a low income part time paying job compared to my stbx who makes a lot and has a full time job, keep looking really hard for a job take anything you can find, that will help. And show proof your actively looking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
thank you.we havent dont any custody yet he is only 7 weeks old this is the first time.what kind of proof would i bring that shows he isnt around?

Quoting AO-88:

If you already have custody he has to prove you unfit and at least here not having a job doesn't qualify as unfit. They also don't usually like to disrupt the child's life especially when they have siblings. If you really are afraid find a lawyer who might go probono or take payments? I'd at least call a lawyer and ask what your chances of losing is. Make sure of you have any proof of him not being in your child's life you take that to court as well. I'm do sorry your going through this.

Also about the depressants I'm on celexa and take norco for a couple chronic conditions and I still have full custody of my son.

Also I have a low income part time paying job compared to my stbx who makes a lot and has a full time job, keep looking really hard for a job take anything you can find, that will help. And show proof your actively looking.

AO-88
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Do you have any texts or email trails showing any declines of him not wanting to come? Or you might be able to find witnesses willing to say he isn't around?

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you.we havent dont any custody yet he is only 7 weeks old this is the first time.what kind of proof would i bring that shows he isnt around?

Quoting AO-88:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM
he never declines he just ignores when i ask and his entire family will.thank you

Quoting AO-88:

Do you have any texts or email trails showing any declines of him not wanting to come? Or you might be able to find witnesses willing to say he isn't around?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AO-88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)