Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK so i was suppose to be on a date right now ETA**** he texted me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

but im not , so tell me does this sound like im being blown off?

Met an old friend after a few years of lost contact, monday we agree on friday (today) we would link up and see eachother, yesterday i texted him and said " Hey are we still meeting up tommorow?"

he responded "yea we can.. what time?"

i wrote back " you tell me? whenever i good for you"

and i havent heard any response so far today...where i live it is 5pm 

am i being to pressed if i call or text him today ? i havent dated in a lonnnng time.. so id like some advice 

eta*** 

he texted me just now " hey im at the (name) hospital right now with my little one, im leaving soon and just have to take a shower lol.."

i wrote back, ok, is everything ok? would you like to do another day?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jedwards2009
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I would just text him and say something like hey just seeing if we are still on for tonight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.wilcox01
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM
I don't know
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
I wouldn't text back. To me if he really wanted to meet up and keeping a date was that important he would remember.
Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM
He's probably waiting until later. What time do you like to hangout on a friday? When guys would try to make dates extra late, they turned out to be the jerks. Does he work today?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:40 PM

If he wanted you he'd have you. Not even attempting to contact you is rude, especially when the majority of people in the US have their cellphones attached to them at all times. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I would text him & say "hey don't mean to bug you but was wondering if we were meeting up tonight still, if not I have a few friends that want me to go out so let me know soon."

That way you don't sound needy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Quoting jedwards2009:

I would just text him and say something like hey just seeing if we are still on for tonight

do you think he would think i am being pressed ? or do people not think like that now lol?

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
I agree with this

Quoting moosesmom:

I wouldn't text back. To me if he really wanted to meet up and keeping a date was that important he would remember.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Just from the "yeah we can" I can tell he's blowing you off.  Don't text or phone - if you wants to see you, he'll make it happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Quoting Ideal_Lady:

He's probably waiting until later. What time do you like to hangout on a friday? When guys would try to make dates extra late, they turned out to be the jerks. Does he work today?

thats a really good question , im not sure if he works today or not but i know when he does work its normally from 9am-8pm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)