Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick of Mistaken Identity....Anyone else go thru this?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am so tired of people telling me to go back to Mexico, that they want to see my Green Card, that I'm a damn Mexican, and so forth.  My mom is white, Blond Hair Hazel eyes, burns at the sight of the sun.  My bio father is from Italy.  Never met him.  Me and my brother are the last two out of 11 kids.  The rest of the siblings are white looking.  Its just my brother and I whom are Olive skinned with brown hair and brown eyes. 

My first episode with racism against me was when the Mazzios Manager wanted to see my green card.  I had worked there for 2 wks and it was time to get my paycheck.  I went to go pick it up and the manager said he needed to see my green card.  I was 16 at the time.  I told him I didn't know what he was talking about.  He explained it and he wanted to see it before I could get my check.  I laughed and said are you serious.  He said yes, he was dead serious.  I went home and told my step dad, whom raised me since the age of 1.  he went up there and the manager told him the same thing.  Needless to say my dad threatened him with a lawsuit if he didn't hand over my check.  He made me quit. 

So just because you see someone who is brown, don't assume they are here illegally.  That they are Mexican or some other kind of Illegal immigrant.  My 19 yr old son has gone thru the same thing.  He is a US Marine and he gets it everywhere he goes.  He is Native American. 

For those who ASSUME these things about people you don't know, please think twice before ignorance comes flowing out of your mouth. 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2016 at 3:56 AM
They hired you without you providing your SSN on the application?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 6, 2016 at 3:57 AM
1 mom liked this

RESSURECT ANOTHER OLD THREAD WHILE YOUR AT IT:

diaperstodating
by on Apr. 6, 2016 at 3:58 AM
2016 Bump
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Apr. 6, 2016 at 4:05 AM
I have two very different looking children, coloring wise. No one has ever asked/ assumed either needed a green card.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)