• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone with celiacs disease?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I went to my general physician on Monday. I told her it seems every time I eat something bad running to the bathroom. And I define "bad" as in non whole foods (processed, fried, grains, dairy). So she did a blood test for celiacs, chrones, inflammation, allergies to gluten and dairy, and thyroid. So the medical assistant called me and told me my results. The allegies came back negative but one panel of the celiacs came back positive. It was the IGA and the number was 38.

The dr said if it came back positive then I need a referral to a GI.

My question is...why did celiacs come back positive and the allergies came back negative?

Does this mean I have celiacs? I know they need to do more testing but just wondering.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
IAMmomtotrips
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You can present Celiacs without the allergy...if you are having symptoms and you are running to the bathroom, you are reacting even if the test comes back negative...don't go gluten free until all testing is done, because I am Celiacs but if I was to test right now, I'd present negative because I have not consumed gluten in 3 years.

It's a process but it is so worth it! I can't explain how much better I feel!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM
That's so good! Thank you for your response!

My brother in law has ulcerative colitis. So his mother thinks she knows everything about bein tested for celiacs and she's like how can you have negative for allergies but positive for celiacs?! I don't believe tht you need to get tested by someone else. And you can have markers but not really have it.

Ugh I'm irritated to say the least. Something is wrong an the test shows it so...

Quoting IAMmomtotrips:

You can present Celiacs without the allergy...if you are having symptoms and you are running to the bathroom, you are reacting even if the test comes back negative...don't go gluten free until all testing is done, because I am Celiacs but if I was to test right now, I'd present negative because I have not consumed gluten in 3 years.

It's a process but it is so worth it! I can't explain how much better I feel!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)