Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chin rash?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 13 Replies

He had a fever for three days. His cheeks were rosy during that time. Today his chin was red with these bumps on it and one under his nose. He said they hurt. I put neosporin on it and he said it felt better. Anyone know what it could be? At first i thought impetigo but now im wondering if its related to the fever?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

BUMP!

unusualmom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

thrush? excema? heat rash?

JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Is it warm where you live ? Maybe 5ths disease, eczema, a virus. Typically fever for longer then 2 days should be seen by dr ?
JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM
A runny nose that he's wiping away with sleeve?? Idk trying to think mama
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Quoting JNLmomme09:

A runny nose that he's wiping away with sleeve?? Idk trying to think mama

I know. I've been trying to come up with something all day. He hasnt really had a runny nose, just a bad cough. The only thing i could think of is impetigo, but that wouldnt be from the fever. Maybe its nit even related to the fever, i dont know.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Quoting JNLmomme09:

Is it warm where you live ? Maybe 5ths disease, eczema, a virus. Typically fever for longer then 2 days should be seen by dr ?

I thought 5th disease too but i heard that shows after the fever. My dr. Wont seem them with a fever only. No its freezing where i am.

~Melissa~Wife to Jarrod~Mommy to Nathan, Kristina, Tyler, and Ryan~

dlnimo
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Scarlet fever? My friends daughter just had this. I didn't even know it was still around!
JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM
I think 5ths is more in spring ? That's why I asked if it was warm. Only a fever... Is he eating and sleeping ok?

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Quoting JNLmomme09:

I thought 5th disease too but i heard that shows after the fever. My dr. Wont seem them with a fever only. No its freezing where i am.

JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:28 PM
My daughter got scarlet fever last year. It's more of a all over rah of tiny tiny red dots. She had strep that turned into scarlet fever.

Quoting dlnimo:

Scarlet fever? My friends daughter just had this. I didn't even know it was still around!

dlnimo
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM
That's what happened to her DD. I had no idea that was possible!

Quoting JNLmomme09:

My daughter got scarlet fever last year. It's more of a all over rah of tiny tiny red dots. She had strep that turned into scarlet fever.

Quoting dlnimo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)