Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where were you when you found out about sandy hook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

I was at work and can't remember how i heard about it.....i'm drawing a blank

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamalyssa83
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I was driving and my mom call and told me.. I went and got my Ds out of school early...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmom2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

at home. it was on the tv

ACDC_fan
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I was actually at a check cashing place, in line. they had a TV on the wall and breaking news came on.
That night we went to a mcdonalds with Tvs everywhere, turned to the news. I could not eat and wept at our table. 

fairyjester
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I was at work   and one of the other girls who was just coiming in  told us about it

bcoll
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

On the news. In NC, it was my weekend away with my 8 and 10 year old daughters

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM

At home. Drawing a blank on details. Its not a huge life-changing event and will be forgotten in a year.

ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I was working our Holiday shop at my sons elementary school, helping Kindergarteners and First graders and one Second grade class shop for gifts for their family members.  Passing out candy canes to all those kids who were so excited for Christmas.  Feeling really warm and fuzzy about all those kids who couldn't wait for Christmas day.

And I came home and it was live on the news.  I don't even have words to describe how that felt, having just come from an Elementary school where everyone was so excited about Christmas.

I went straight back to the Elementary school and worked the Holiday shop all afternoon, even though I had only volunteered for the morning.  I just needed to be there and where my son was.

LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM
On here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I was at work and was on the Internet during my AM break. I was so shocked and kept going back on the Internet throughout the day because I couldn't believe what had happened. At the end of the day I got in my car, called my DH and just burst into tears.
Schleetle
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
It just happened to fall on one of the most important days of my DH's career, and it was a day to celebrate a big accomplishment for him. We were in TX, but I'm from CT originally so I was having a lot of mixed emotions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)