Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have an uncontested divorce?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

How did yours go? How did you both get along and how quick did your divorce take?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Once the process was started it took about a month and half to be final. The day we went before the judge it was.final.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Mine took 90 days. Only because a 90 day waiting period is required or was at the time in washington state from the date of file to the date of final decree.

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Most divorces are uncontested and it depends on the state has to how long the process takesZ
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Mine took about 6mos, we couldn't stand eachother an just wanted to be rid of eachother.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
We got along just fine. He was still coming over for dinner. Lol. It took a couple of months I think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Told him I wanted a divorce, full custody of the 5 kids. He said ok. 3 months later it was final. We didnt have a house or anything owned jointly. I went thru legal aid, so it was free for me.
soy_latte
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM
There is a three month waiting period, required parenting class for joint parents and about $300 in fees in WA. One stack of papers turned in with the filing. A second stack (checked by a court facilitator by appointment if you don't have an attorney) turned in a week before you want to schedule your final hearing. A note for the docket from the clerk. Show up. Voila. Its super easy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM
5 years
chane_L
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

mine went great we filed and 30days later it was final. we're still great friends. $500 16 yrs ago

davnrori
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

We filed in Hawaii and it was final 6 weeks after we filed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)