Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aging out of child support- letter received & now I'm confused & ticked off!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Okay so this is weird. I came home today to a letter from CSEA stating my child support will stop on 5/4/13 due to reasons on back of paper (back stated child would no longer be a minor & therefore obligation would stop).

Well the issue is- a) it said Obligor was my ex husband & b) I don't have a child aging out! My oldest will be 17 in April & my ex is not his father & my ex is not paying support on him. He didn't adopt him either- there is no support order for my ex to pay suport for my oldest, just our 4 kids.

So, now I have to print out a copy of the info from the website regarding recent payments (the support order number on the letter doesn't even match the support order numbers on their website or any of my paper work), copy my actual support orders, my DS's birth certificate (to show proof of age), & write a nice little letter saying they screwed up & need to correct things. 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cLanief
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Call the childsupport office first and make sure that's actually legit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I think I am going to certifiy mail them a letter AND call them regarding it. I never seem to get through to them on my lunch break (go figure- my lunch is at noon just like theirs LOL) so I figure if I call & leave a message AND send the letter maybe there's a chance something will get done? HAHA

Quoting cLanief:

cLanief
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Just make sure you don't give too much personal info in the letter and make sure its the same addy as everything associated with actual child support office. Just incase.

Quoting CampClan:

I think I am going to certifiy mail them a letter AND call them regarding it. I never seem to get through to them on my lunch break (go figure- my lunch is at noon just like theirs LOL) so I figure if I call & leave a message AND send the letter maybe there's a chance something will get done? HAHA

Quoting cLanief:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I did some snooping around on the website (if you call it that since I have a case or 2 with them LOL) & found out that the info IS correct. However, when I click on the support order number it lists my ex H as the obligor & the children listed on the case?.... Just our youngest! And on the website it says anticpated dated of emancipation is in 2027! But he is also listed under the support order number I have on file with our other 3 kids (they are listed under this order as well on the site). So I have a letter saying basically hey the child on this case is not even 4 yet & I'm confused as to why there is a case with just this child listed. And I asked that they send clarification within 30 days so that I have time to respond before the noted date of closure.

Oh & the address listed on the letter I received is a legit address for the CSEA.... I have been there many times so I know it's right.

But I thank you for your help!

Quoting cLanief:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)