• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How in the he-double hockey sticks ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Does someone who blogs get paid for it? I've always had a stellar writing potential and I've been told many times I should become a blogger. How would I accomplish that? Is it worth it? I've checked odesk and elance, but not much that I qualify for.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM

No idea but heres a bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Thank you!

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Quoting Anonymous:

No idea but heres a bump

JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I am not sure what blogging really is. I know I have read blogs on accident. But how I got there not sure Do you like make your own website?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you!

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Bump

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I have no idea hence the post. I've read a few different tutorials and they're all different.

Quoting JNLmomme09:

I am not sure what blogging really is. I know I have read blogs on accident. But how I got there not sure Do you like make your own website?

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you!

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Bump

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I had a knitting blog, but couldn't keep up with it after I went back to work. There are so many ways to set up a blog and get paid for it. This is what I figured out:

First, you need to pick a subject matter......something that you have interest in and would like to expand your knowledge on is good. You will probably end up spending more time researching than writing. You don't necessarily have to do a pay per blog. You can set up on a free blog site like blogger.com and then register with google adsense. They will set up advertising on your page that is directed toward your audience and you will get paid when people click on the advertisements.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Is there a startup fee or anything for the google Adsense? I'm going to assume there is. What were your profits?

Quoting mewebb82:

I had a knitting blog, but couldn't keep up with it after I went back to work. There are so many ways to set up a blog and get paid for it. This is what I figured out:

First, you need to pick a subject matter......something that you have interest in and would like to expand your knowledge on is good. You will probably end up spending more time researching than writing. You don't necessarily have to do a pay per blog. You can set up on a free blog site like blogger.com and then register with google adsense. They will set up advertising on your page that is directed toward your audience and you will get paid when people click on the advertisements.

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

No, adsense was free and I'm pretty sure it still is. It took a little while to really start making money. I had to post my blog everywhere and get readers. The more people who read your blog, the more people are likely to click on ads. After a few months, I was bringing in about $100-150/month. After a year, it was more like $200-300. I also got a lot of free stuff through my blog. Seeing as how it was a knitting blog, I was regularly given knitting needles, yarn, blocking boards, and other items related to knitting. I just had to mention them and/or give my opinion of those products in my blog. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there a startup fee or anything for the google Adsense? I'm going to assume there is. What were your profits?

Quoting mewebb82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)