Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stop under minding DH.... Help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Any advice or tips?? He just jumps on the kids for everything. I should just shut my mouth and let him discipline the kids but I'm a softy and I feel bad.

Example tonight.... DS had his heart set on going to "kids night out" at the Y. Because of the snow DH didn't want him to go. So I told him (didn't blame it on DH just said because the roads are bad we are going to stay in tonight) and he "whined" like made a "I'm mad" noise and DH yelled at him for whining. I told DH to leave him alone and he has a right to be upset.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You and dh need to have a serious discussion about disipline. Its not good to do that in front of the kids, they'll use it to their advantage
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

what worked for us.

as long as DH wasnt berating/ abusing/ belittling etc kids whatever he said was law. we then (immediately walked into the other room) and discussed it. i explained my side, he explained his side and we decided if one or the other of us had been an ass.

if we were behaving badly we then went and apologized to the kid, sometimes saying (other parent) pointed out to me i should have handled it better

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Your going to regret it...

Upset is one thing whining is another
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
im_not_trollin
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM

There is no reason to whine just because you're upset. When my kids start crying or whining for not getting there way I usually say "is crying going to get you want you want any faster?" and then they hush....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)