• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be bad to send them a gift?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Recently I did a photoshoot at a beautiful historic location in my town.  When I called the girl at the desk told me I could come in any time pay fifty dollars for a release to do photography there.  However when I arrived I found out that wasn't the case.  A security officer and one of the women on staff went out of their way to find a work around for me so I would still be able to do a shoot on location with my client that day.

I was wondering if it would be out of place to send a thank you card with a 10 dollar certificate to Starbucks for each of them?  Technically they are government employees.  Would they even be able to accept it?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM

BUMP!

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I think that sounds like a nice gesture as they did what they could to help you. I hope they are allowed to except.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
It may get them in trouble since they let you without paying. While its nice and you don't want to let it be unnoticed I wouldn't want them in trouble.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I think a gift card is considered money for a Gov employee, maybe send something else instead.
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Maybe just send a card that says thanks. And draw a picture of a camera, no return name. That way no one knows but hopefully they 'get' the message.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:13 PM

They didn't let me in without paying.  The biggest problem is that the register was closed, as it was Sunday, and the site was being ran by volunteers.  So they allowed me to leave my credit card number and contact information (in addition to a copy of my license) so the charge could go through on Monday.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

It may get them in trouble since they let you without paying. While its nice and you don't want to let it be unnoticed I wouldn't want them in trouble.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Sorry, I took t as when you went there to pay and shoot that's what you found. I would just send a card and maybe some baked goods. Things get sticky when you deal with a government employee and cash.

Quoting Anonymous:

They didn't let me in without paying.  The biggest problem is that the register was closed, as it was Sunday, and the site was being ran by volunteers.  So they allowed me to leave my credit card number and contact information (in addition to a copy of my license) so the charge could go through on Monday.

Quoting New.OrleansLady:

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Maybe just a thank you card
shudderette
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I think just a thank you card would do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)