Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP I GOT A VACCINE WHILE PREGNANT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I got the bacterial meningitis shot in August when I was in my first trimester & didn't know I was pregnant.

Is there any risks to the baby??? My doc says it's nothing to worry about but I'm REALLY WORRIED. ......
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM

There are little to NO studies done with vaccines and pregnant women. I would be very concerned.

chane_L
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

i got a ton of vaccines while preg (including malaria) found out 2 days prior to shipping out to Cuba i was preg , this is how my baby turned out

so don't stress so much

ambk4ever
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM

If you didnt know than there isnt much you can do! Try and research it as best you can and just wait it out and see on ultrasounds if everything is ok. Im sure it will be just fine!! Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I've had many ultrasounds and the anatomy ultrasound. I'm having my 35 week ultrasound in 3 weeks.... Everything has been fine on the sonogram.... Just really worried!!!

Quoting ambk4ever:

If you didnt know than there isnt much you can do! Try and research it as best you can and just wait it out and see on ultrasounds if everything is ok. Im sure it will be just fine!! Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Nice. Thank you. It's my first pregnancy and I'm just extremely worried.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Likely it will be sensitivities, immune system problems, or developmental delays if the ultra sounds look fine. Your body just can't eliminate the toxins as well when pregnant or tolerate the immune system stimulation. If you have a good immune system hopefully you health will protect the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had many ultrasounds and the anatomy ultrasound. I'm having my 35 week ultrasound in 3 weeks.... Everything has been fine on the sonogram.... Just really worried!!!

Quoting ambk4ever:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Where did you get this info so I can read up on it??

Why would my doctor say it's nothing to be concerned about?

Quoting Anonymous:

Likely it will be sensitivities, immune system problems, or developmental delays if the ultra sounds look fine. Your body just can't eliminate the toxins as well when pregnant or tolerate the immune system stimulation. If you have a good immune system hopefully you health will protect the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ambk4ever:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Doctors are very narrow minded and in many cases totally ignore the safety warnings on many medications or turn a blind eye. The H1N1 vaccine caused huge amounts of miscarriages, was never tested on pregnant women but most doctors encouraged pregnant women to get them anyway........ You will have to wait till the baby is born and IF there are any issues respiratory etc. Consider this and don't just sweep it under the rug. But if you vaccinate right away you went know if it's the one you got or one of the 6 your baby gets at one time....

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did you get this info so I can read up on it??

Why would my doctor say it's nothing to be concerned about?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ambk4ever:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I got a few vaccines in my first trimester with my oldest. I didn't know I was pregnant yet. She's a normal'ish 11 year old lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)