Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O SAHM and PTA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

I made the post about sahm and pta and the reason you're not involved.

What I really wanted to ask what if you're not involved how could the PTA get you involved? I know some of you guys have bad history with them. And Im not just talking about SAHM that have no younger children or in school. But any mom, if you dont have option to join one, what would have gotten you to join one while you're child was in grade school?

What could I do to get a parent that believes the PTA is pointless to join and realize its not pointless and with more support and help better things can happen for the students of the school.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Im one of those parents but I have agoraphobia, so youll never change my mind. :P

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:54 PM

They could do nothing to lure me. I am not interested in it in the least. I have other things going on and I have no desire to be that involved at the school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
As I said in your last post, I volunteer for CASA. I find that to be a much better and more rewarding use of my time. I dont have anything against PTA, I just think there are better causes.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:55 PM

There is nothing the PTA could do to encourage me to join. The women are catty and spend way too much time gossiping. I have better things to do with my time.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I have young children and no babysitter
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Im too busy at home. If they could give me things to do from home, i would gladly get more involved.

I donate to the school all the time. But I would love to do more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I am our PTO's VP.

We list exactly where the money is going.

We stopped stupid catalog sales.  A huge reason people hate PTO/PTAs.

We do not & will not do the drama either.

We make sure communication is out there.  We have set up a PTO board at the school, we have a PTO FB page & an email, plus a newsletter every month.

Many times it is the lack of communication that keeps people from being involved & not knowing where the money actually goes & the point in a PTO/PTA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Our school has  100% parent participation in our PTA.  My kids go to private school.  Need I say more?

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I'm a working mom. What does PTA offer me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I have no desire to be a member, but when the PTA  asks for help with bake sales, or they are raising money for books for the school library, I will contribute any way I can.  I have 2 kids at 2 different schools, and I can't afford 2 membership fees. If I am a member at one school, I have to be a member at the other.  I prefer to just donate $5 here and their and purchase a book, or attend a school event with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)