Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I get so excited when my son makes 100 percent on his spelling test!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
We make a big deal out of it! Whoopie!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amaroq86
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Yay!!! Congrats to him!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Tell him we're excited too!!! WOO HOOO!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

My son gets grounded for the weekend if he doesn't ace his.  I sucked at spelling when I was his age and we practice all week.  I demand 100% and if not there are consequences. 

Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM

YAY! I love when my kids do well in spelling too. My 7 year old never has to take the post test, she always aces the pretest on Mondays. And they have some very difficult words for 2nd graders. My 4th grader doesn't always do so well but we go over the words every night and I try to break it down so she can remember it easier in her head. I am an avid English buff, where as hubby couldn't spell to save his life. Anyway, good job to your son! :)

lowencope
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Really? Wow you're strict.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son gets grounded for the weekend if he doesn't ace his.  I sucked at spelling when I was his age and we practice all week.  I demand 100% and if not there are consequences. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:37 PM
My son used to be terrible then I told him if he got 100% he'd get to pick a place to go out for dinner. One trip to bertuccis later he did much better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Yes, I know.  He got a "meeting expectations" on his progress report in writing and to me that is unacceptable as well.  Until he brings that up to "exceeding expectations" he is writing a 1 to 3  paragraph summary on each of his library books.  I make him read 4 a week.  I don't fool around when it comes to education and I expect my son to be at the top of his class.

Quoting lowencope:

Quoting Anonymous:

lowencope
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM
How old is he? My son is 7

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I know.  He got a "meeting expectations" on his progress report in writing and to me that is unacceptable as well.  Until he brings that up to "exceeding expectations" he is writing a 1 to 3  paragraph summary on each of his library books.  I make him read 4 a week.  I don't fool around when it comes to education and I expect my son to be at the top of his class.

Quoting lowencope:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkcee
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM
That's a great job! It's nice he can see your excitement, it makes learning so much fun. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

He is 8 and in 2nd grade.

Quoting lowencope:

How old is he? My son is 7

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lowencope:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)