• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Menstrual question/concern..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

So..  I'll start with a little back history...  I am a mother of 3.  Prior to my last child (2010), I have never had a normal period in my life.  I have always had 1-3 periods a year without birth control.  During my c-section with my last child, I had a tubal ligation (2010).  Since then, I have had a period every month, like clockwork.  Last month, I noticed a lot more blood clots.  I know it's normal to have some during your period but this was more than normal.  Now this week, I have been really sick. ( I went to the doctor today and have Influenza B and whooping cough.)  My period started on Wednesday and has been lighter than normal (I usually bleed pretty heavy for the first 5-6 days).  I noticed some clotting yesterday but today it has been really bad.  I have been having back and leg pains which I have attributed to the flu but now I'm starting to wonder.  Everytime I cough or sit to go to the bathroom, I pass very large clots.  Large enough that I can feel them coming.  But I am not having a lot of regular bleeding with it.  Anyone ever experienced this before?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meaganmac
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Get to a doctor ASAP.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM

If you are dehydrated it will tend to clot more and have less liquid flow, which seems like a lighter bleed.  But the clots make up for it.

Fairywings1223
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I would go to the dr thats not normal. I would even go to the er if its real bad.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Sorry, doorbell rang.

How big are the clots?  How bad is the pain?  Have you been to regular checkups to make sure you healed properly after the surgery?

MommyDearest555
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I would definitely make an appointment with your GYN. They only time I have really experienced clotting was with my first pregnancy. When the baby was attaching to the inner wall I had a pretty big clot come out that scared me, but all was fine. A lot of clotting like that can't be good. I wouldn't totally stress yourself out about it, but make an appointment as soon as possible and ask if they need a sample to test to see if it is a specific build up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Quarter to half dollar size. Pain is like severe menstrual cramps (which I never have).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)