Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I sound needy to you??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

My SO said I'm too needy because He worked from 5:30pm last night until 6:30am the next morning, slept until 1 and sat down for like 45 minutes with his nose buried in the computer, got up and left and didn't come home until 4:30 and he has to get ready for work again at 5. I was pissed because I didn't even get a minute of his time in 24 hours and won't see him again for at least 19 more hours. I missed him and just wanted a few minutes to cuddle or talk or whatever and he couldn't even do that. He said I'm needy. Ugh. So I'm upset and he doesn't think I should be. Would you be mad or am I over reacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM

a little of both, been where you are but keep in mind he isnt leaving for ever.

JCKitten87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Where did he go? That doesn't sound needy... He could have taken 15 mins to just talk to u -_-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

a little of both, been where you are but keep in mind he isnt leaving for ever.

Thats what he said lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:28 PM
There would be a big problem if you had no needs of him, that's your man I'm sure he doesn't want u to get your very normal healthy womanly needs fulfilled elsewhere right?!? Let him know he's wrong about his expectations of you, I mean what does he expect he can only live u when it's convenient for him, that's ridiculous!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Its his son's weekend to be here so he picked him up and then went to meet someone from craigslist to pick up a toy because he is obssessed with buying vintage toys

Quoting JCKitten87:

Where did he go? That doesn't sound needy... He could have taken 15 mins to just talk to u -_-

kidlover2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Hard to know without more details... he could be tired, depressed, having an affair, just a distant person personality-wise... the possibilities are many
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I would of been upset also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Quoting kidlover2:

Hard to know without more details... he could be tired, depressed, having an affair, just a distant person personality-wise... the possibilities are many

He has been really crabby lately, doubt that he's having an affair, but maybe he's depressed. Not sure what reason he has to be though?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM

If he does this on a regular basis, I'd say you two aren't a good match. It isn't being needy to you, so no it isn't; but different  people have different NEEDS, and yours doesn't match up with his. Needs and "being needy" are two different things.

Keep in mind that men and women prioritize their needs differently. Cuddling and spending time together may be your love language, while his may be respect and sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Its not really a regular basis, but he goes from one extreme to another example, doting on me and saying I love you al the time and telling me how beautiful I am, etc to Barely talking to me, not paying attention to me, etc. Its hard on me because I am not like tht with him, I try to treat him good all the time but he goes back and forth between these to extremes about every 3 months or so. Its annoying

Quoting Anonymous:

If he does this on a regular basis, I'd say you two aren't a good match. It isn't being needy to you, so no it isn't; but different  people have different NEEDS, and yours doesn't match up with his. Needs and "being needy" are two different things.

Keep in mind that men and women prioritize their needs differently. Cuddling and spending time together may be your love language, while his may be respect and sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)