Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O- no one is entitled to nice things

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

DO you not think that most people on PA don't make cutbacks. Everyone i know who had to go on PA made cutback.

When we started struggling and my husband income lowered, we made cutback. We moved and got rid of our Directv, internet and home phone. We were still struggling but was not getting PA.

Then we lost all of our income, we still didn't apply for PA. WE moved again, we moved into our camper, put all of our personal belonging into a storage unit and got rid of my car, which in turn we got out of a car payment that was $470 a month. We then went and bought a truck for $3000 and i took over my husband other truck. We also gave away 3 dogs one of which we paid $250 and sold our 3 goats.

Then we moved to another town while living in the camper, to look for work. We also got rid of the other truck the payment was $460 a month   and got me a car that we paid $2000 for. I finally found work and we moved out of the camper and moved into a single wide mobile home in a trailer park. Our rent now is $295 compared to when  all of this started we were paying $1000 a month. we have been able to bring our bills from $4000 a month to $700 a month give or take a few.

Now our bills are $295- rent, electric - between $70- $250, 2 boost mobile cell phone - total $90 both, Insurance -$110. Where we live at we get free WIFI, cable, and water.

We made cutback. a lot of cut back and i  feel that just about everyone who had to get on PA had to make cutback, there isn't anyway around it. 90% of peoples income revolves around their income and when you loss that income it is  impossible to not make cut backs. They may not announce it but that doesn't mean that they don't make cut back.

I don't know why everyone seem to think that people on PA have it "so good" that we have " so much" when the fact of the matter is, is that most of us don't have nice stuff or extras or luxuries. I do have some nice things like  nice furniture ect.... My kids have nice toys. but we don't have luxuries. We are on PA.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

why in the hell did you pick neon green?  just wanted to vent? didn't want responses?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm sorry I just can't read this because of the color
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM

sorry , change the color to red.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry I just can't read this because of the color

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

all of my post are that color, i change the color to red. I have to go and change the color of my post in my settings.

Quoting Anonymous:

why in the hell did you pick neon green?  just wanted to vent? didn't want responses?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM
We get foodstamps. But I dang sure aunt getting rid of my dish, wifi or my iPhones. Or selling one of our 5 cars.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

all of my post are that color, i change the color to red. I have to go and change the color of my post in my settings.

Quoting Anonymous:

red is better than that neon green color. seriously, at least this i can read. and it enables me to address the issue at hand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM

yes many people on PA make cut backs. i would assume the majority of people do. while there may be "some" people who are capable of working the system I do honestly believe some people are looking for a hand up..not out

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

We had to get rid of all of those things. everything except my cell phone but i did change phone carrier. I went to prepaid. WOW 5 cars, do you have teenage kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

We get foodstamps. But I dang sure aunt getting rid of my dish, wifi or my iPhones. Or selling one of our 5 cars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody cares.   Quite taking taxpayer funds and the taxpayers will quit bitching. Until then, get used to it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

DO you not think that most people on PA don't make cutbacks. Everyone i know who had to go on PA made cutback.

When we started struggling and my husband income lowered, we made cutback. We moved and got rid of our Directv, internet and home phone. We were still struggling but was not getting PA.

Then we lost all of our income, we still didn't apply for PA. WE moved again, we moved into our camper, put all of our personal belonging into a storage unit and got rid of my car, which in turn we got out of a car payment that was $470 a month. We then went and bought a truck for $3000 and i took over my husband other truck. We also gave away 3 dogs one of which we paid $250 and sold our 3 goats.

Then we moved to another town while living in the camper, to look for work. We also got rid of the other truck the payment was $460 a month   and got me a car that we paid $2000 for. I finally found work and we moved out of the camper and moved into a single wide mobile home in a trailer park. Our rent now is $295 compared to when  all of this started we were paying $1000 a month. we have been able to bring our bills from $4000 a month to $700 a month give or take a few.

Now our bills are $295- rent, electric - between $70- $250, 2 boost mobile cell phone - total $90 both, Insurance -$110. Where we live at we get free WIFI, cable, and water.

We made cutback. a lot of cut back and i  feel that just about everyone who had to get on PA had to make cutback, there isn't anyway around it. 90% of peoples income revolves around their income and when you loss that income it is  impossible to not make cut backs. They may not announce it but that doesn't mean that they don't make cut back.

I don't know why everyone seem to think that people on PA have it "so good" that we have " so much" when the fact of the matter is, is that most of us don't have nice stuff or extras or luxuries. I do have some nice things like  nice furniture ect.... My kids have nice toys. but we don't have luxuries. We are on PA.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Again..

These posts are just like religion and politic arguments.

No one wins..

The horse is still dead...   But let's keep hitting him anyway..

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)