Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really, you couldn't call her?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM
  • 7 Replies
I don't know why I keep expecting more from my ex husband, when he keeps showing me nothing. He went in for a heart "procedure," and he didn't call dd. Anything could have happened to you, including the worst, and you couldn't call her and just say I love you?

He emails and texts me telling me how he loves her, misses her, etc, and randomly updating me on his life, and she cannot even get a 5 minute phone call?
She deserves so much better. Poor kid :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RobJar
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:45 PM

how old is DD?

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Quoting RobJar:

how old is DD?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Maybe he was scared and didn't know what to say?  Did she know he was getting this thing done?

My Dad is like that.  I know I mean the world to him, but I never find out about that kind of stuff from him until AFTER it is over.  And if I find out from someone else before hand, he acts like it is no big deal and doesn't call.

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Honestly, I don't buy it. He didn't bother telling her he got married. Didn't bother telling her about either of his wife's pregnancy. Obviously, it is his life, but I can't imagine keeping things like that from dd.

And he felt like he should tell me all of these things. Dd would care a lot more than I do.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Maybe he was scared and didn't know what to say?  Did she know he was getting this thing done?

My Dad is like that.  I know I mean the world to him, but I never find out about that kind of stuff from him until AFTER it is over.  And if I find out from someone else before hand, he acts like it is no big deal and doesn't call.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dbush0584
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
my ex is the EXACT same way. hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Does he communicate well with her?  She is still young.  If he doesn't see her often, maybe he doesn't know how to handle those kinds of conversations.

If he's telling you, then maybe he's relying on you to relay the information in a way she understands.

I don't know.  It seems like an odd counter-balance that he tells you so much, and talks about his feelings for her, but is withdrawn with her.  I just think more might be going on with him.  Do you and him get along OK?  Could you talk to him about how it is important that HE be the one to talk to her?

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Honestly, I don't buy it. He didn't bother telling her he got married. Didn't bother telling her about either of his wife's pregnancy. Obviously, it is his life, but I can't imagine keeping things like that from dd.

And he felt like he should tell me all of these things. Dd would care a lot more than I do.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Rain2Rinse
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM
She is young, but I trust that she would understand. Her grandmother died of cancer, and her father didn't tell her. I told her, and explained that it was ok to be sad and cry. She said she was sad for her sad, because she just lost a grandma, but he lost his mom. She was 5 then.

I guess he would consider us friends. Really, I just tolerate him and attempt to be civil. I rarely respond unless he is talking about dd. when we last spoke about her, I told him he really needed to make more of an effort. He said he would. I don't see it.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Does he communicate well with her?  She is still young.  If he doesn't see her often, maybe he doesn't know how to handle those kinds of conversations.

If he's telling you, then maybe he's relying on you to relay the information in a way she understands.

I don't know.  It seems like an odd counter-balance that he tells you so much, and talks about his feelings for her, but is withdrawn with her.  I just think more might be going on with him.  Do you and him get along OK?  Could you talk to him about how it is important that HE be the one to talk to her?

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)