Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6-8 Year olds!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I have a 7 year old and last year we had a few toys for outside but he hated them all and we ended up selling off all of his little kid stuff (the cars you sit in and just little kid stuff) because he was too big for it. He loves spending time outside but I have no idea what to buy him! He's not a water fan so pools and all that though I try them every year he hates them. So I need help! Please! 

He out grew his bike last year at the end of the summer so thats what he's getting for Easter. But other than that he's got nothing now and I have no idea what to buy him! His father is going to buy him a golf set so they can go golfing together but other than those two things he's really going to have nothing. 

He has soccer balls and a net but he's not a fan. I need ideas of other stuff because I've searched toys r us website and come up flat on ideas. What do your kids love? He's in that middle ground between little kid toys and big kid toys. Its very frustrating. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

bump

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Baseball, basketball and playing in mud!
Oh, and his scooter
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
panther79
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM

a swingset maybe? we just got one for our 7yr old and 3yr old ds's. um..don't know how you feel about nerf guns. we set up a target in the yard for our older two kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM

He's got the balls to everything a basketball net. So thats out. I guess I could get him some kind of tball thing? Its hard because DH and I spend a lot of time outside working on our yard so a lot of that time he's only got himself to play with and while we do play with him we're trying to find stuff for him to do without us having to play with him so we can get some stuff done. No mud play thankfully!! Yuck! lol. He's so like me too OCD to play in mud. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Baseball, basketball and playing in mud!
Oh, and his scooter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Mmm well i have a 7 yr old girl. No idea what to say but maybe a psVitta?
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Swing set.. slide.. monkey bars.. tree house.. tire swing.. see-saw..

My kids are getting a playground this spring with swings, slide, monkey bars and a sand box.

They have bikes and tractors they love to ride. Their favorite outside toys are in a big milk crate.. jump rope, bubbles, squirt guns, bow and arrows, baseball and mitts, road chalk, etc.

They also love taking their little cameras outside to take pictures, play hide and seek, fly kites, collect pine cones, rocks and flowers, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Outside toys. Not electronics. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM

We can't really afford a big swing set right now. Sadly I cut down all the tree's for any kind of tire swing and being an only kid he can't really do a see saw. 

I was looking at a bow and arrow set though it was really neat and had a little target. I wonder if he would like that it seems really neat. Jump rope is a great basket idea too! I wish we had a paved driveway for chalk though! I know he would love that so much! Kites I can't even get into that his father is a kite collector he's got so many! Its crazy. LOL 

He's got a camera. He brings it everywhere too! Thank you so much for the ideas!! Love them! 

Quoting danie24:

Swing set.. slide.. monkey bars.. tree house.. tire swing.. see-saw..

My kids are getting a playground this spring with swings, slide, monkey bars and a sand box.

They have bikes and tractors they love to ride. Their favorite outside toys are in a big milk crate.. jump rope, bubbles, squirt guns, bow and arrows, baseball and mitts, road chalk, etc.

They also love taking their little cameras outside to take pictures, play hide and seek, fly kites, collect pine cones, rocks and flowers, etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Ohh sorry lol but sand box sounds fun it's entertaining for kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Outside toys. Not electronics. 

Quoting Anonymous:

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Slip n slide.

Water balloons.

Chalk.

Bubbles (Pinterest has awesome homemade recipes)

Scooter

We have this rocket launcher thing shoots a nerf rocket like 50 ft in the air.

We have a water balloon launcher slingshot thing.

We garden, my guys love to plant their own stuff.

Kite if you have room but we do it on the beach more.

Rollerblades.

Good luck! We spend a ton of time outside.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)