Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of the name.....*edit*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Donnatella? If we have a girl, this is what she will be named.

Edit- the name is after my grandmother, who passed from pancreatic cancer a few years ago....if that changes anyone's mind.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
sexychica25
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Bwwwaahhaaa

Quoting MelanieMans:

Dont forget Leonarda

Quoting Anonymous:

I prefer Raphaela or Michelangela

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuLuThatsWho
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Isn't that a Ninja Turtle?

yikesitsmindy
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I don't like it, but don't let anyones opinion change your mind.

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:06 PM

It's cute, but as you see, you'll need to be prepared for a lot of mutant turtle jokes.

However, every name can and usually does get twisted into something. My name is pretty innocuous... Dora.  First, way back in the 70's when I was a very sensitive tween a game show came out with the line "Dumb Dora was sooooo dumb" and the audience would holler back "HOW DUMB WAS SHE????"  Gosh that made my life hell for a while.

Now I just get a lot of Dora the Explorer comments. 

Name your baby what you want and don't worry about it.  It can always be shortened to Donnie, Donna or Ella, all of which are pretty cool too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:12 PM

That was DonnatellO. I can't believe the freaking ninja turtles could really get in the way of me honoring my grandmother. It makes me so upset that grown women would be willing to make fun of a child with that name (not necessarily you, half the commenters on here). It was obviously a very lovely women's name before the ninja turtles chose to use a VARIATION.

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Thanks! Personally, I think its kind of gross that grown women are willing to make fun of a name that obviously means a lot to me, but whatever! Isn't it so hard when a name is a name first, but then is made famous by something ridiculous!

Quoting handy0318:

It's cute, but as you see, you'll need to be prepared for a lot of mutant turtle jokes.

However, every name can and usually does get twisted into something. My name is pretty innocuous... Dora.  First, way back in the 70's when I was a very sensitive tween a game show came out with the line "Dumb Dora was sooooo dumb" and the audience would holler back "HOW DUMB WAS SHE????"  Gosh that made my life hell for a while.

Now I just get a lot of Dora the Explorer comments. 

Name your baby what you want and don't worry about it.  It can always be shortened to Donnie, Donna or Ella, all of which are pretty cool too.

LuLuThatsWho
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

If grown women are hurting your feelings, can you imagine what other school age children might say to your daughter?  I wasn't trying to make fun, but Ninja Turtles were absolutely the first thing that came to mind... followed quickly by Donnatella Versace.

Perhaps you could use Donnatella as a middle name?  Or find a nickname?  If you love it, go with it.  But remember that other people will not associate your beautiful memories of your grandmother with your daughter's name.  They will only form an opinion of the name as a name.

Quoting Anonymous:

That was DonnatellO. I can't believe the freaking ninja turtles could really get in the way of me honoring my grandmother. It makes me so upset that grown women would be willing to make fun of a child with that name (not necessarily you, half the commenters on here). It was obviously a very lovely women's name before the ninja turtles chose to use a VARIATION.

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

What about just Donna? I like Donna, but Donnatella is a little... out there? Sorry about your grandma, though.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM

If you like it, that's all that matters. I'd probably end up calling her Telli, but that's just me. And, since it has sentimental reasons, it's even more important to you.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM

This.

Quoting StarburstKisses:

Makes me think of the teenage mutant ninja turtrles - Donnatello.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)