Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinoff of the shaking your baby post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Another post asks if any of you Mom's have ever been so frusterated with your baby's crying that you wanted to shake him or her. I dare to say MOST of us have felt that way at some point! Mom's are people to! I bet almost every single Mom on this site has felt that way at some point, whether they care to admit it or not.The important thing as that if you are feeling frusterated you take a break.  That is all. Carry on.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM
No never wanted to shake my baby, but I have told him to shut up. Horrible I know!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I never wanted to shake him per se, but I did reach a point where I finally understood how/why people would shake a baby.
bellawomen
by Summer on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Never. Not once. Sorry, don't generalize all mothers as abusers or unable to control their emotions and behavior.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I never called anyone an abuser. Nobody can control their emotions, but feeling a certain way doesn't make some an abuser. Actions do.

Quoting bellawomen:

Never. Not once. Sorry, don't generalize all mothers as abusers or unable to control their emotions and behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I never wanted to shake him per se, but I did reach a point where I finally understood how/why people would shake a baby.

This. It was just out of sheer exhaustion not her crying. I breastfeed & you can't get a break or have someone else do it. I remember being so tired that I would fall asleep while nursing her in the middle of the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM

That's exactly my point. With my son he would cry for hours on end and I would reach the point where I felt like I could just lose it. I never hurt him of course, but I understand how someone could snap and harm their child before they even know what they've done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

This. It was just out of sheer exhaustion not her crying. I breastfeed & you can't get a break or have someone else do it. I remember being so tired that I would fall asleep while nursing her in the middle of the night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That's exactly my point. With my son he would cry for hours on end and I would reach the point where I felt like I could just lose it. I never hurt him of course, but I understand how someone could snap and harm their child before they even know what they've done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

My baby never really cried much. She would just cry for a second before I would nurse her. It was just the sheer exhaustion that made me understand why people do shake their babies. You really arn't thinking straight when you are up every 2 hours round the clock for months on end. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. And she would nurse for 45 mins to an hour so I was basically up every hour for months. I also now understand why so many women quit breastfeeding because no one can help you. No one else can feed your baby, you have to do it. Thank god its super easy now but the begining was so hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

OMG me too then I felt like the worlds shittest mom:(

Quoting Anonymous:

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM
No, never. BUT... my son never just cried for no reason. There was always a simple solution to get him to quiet down... so I've just never been truly tested like that. My 4 month old is also super easygoing, so I doubt I'll ever feel that way with him either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I have.  And I'm glad there is a lot of awareness that this is common and what to do when you feel that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)