Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And he seriously doesn't get it?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was honest with DF last night about how unhappy I am in the relationship. And he basically said I'm psycho because he's not doing anything wrong..

We made last minute plans to take DD to chuck e cheese tonight as a celebratory for DD making start student. Instead? He passes out in the chair! We just had a talk about how he sleeps when the kids are up, and as soon as they pass out he's up for a few hours, then back to sleep before work. And how he hardly ever spends time with them. Our youngest walked over and tapped him with her ball ( the elephant that blows the balls out of its trunk) to get him to watch her and he refused. 

But he totally doesn't think any things wrong? He NEVER plays with the girls. Never. It's a shame, especially since he feels like he's doing the greatest job ever.

The worst part is when I walked to the bathroom, something happened to our youngest and she's standing right by his head SCREAMING, and he didn't even budge. Smh.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SoInLove515
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM
: ( that would be very frustrating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MsCherry10
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Record it, or write it down in a letter at least a weeks worth of his parenting and ask him to read it.

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM

It is. They're at impressionable ages, they need their dad. And he'd rather sleep.

Quoting SoInLove515:

: ( that would be very frustrating.

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I've thought about it! I really have, I just don't know how he'd receive it. I'd hate to make things worse... His mom writes everything down and writes letters every time her feelings are hurt. He always jokes how silly it is, especially when I mention doing the same, 

Quoting MsCherry10:

Record it, or write it down in a letter at least a weeks worth of his parenting and ask him to read it.

KawaiiLila
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Maybe if you get a nanny cam and SHOW him how he acts? I dunno, I've never been in that situation.

MsCherry10
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM

It's silly but he has no choice to be receptive. His defenses are up on the topic whenever you mention it . Maybe this is the only way he can read thru without automatically defending himself or shutting you out. =/ sounds tough.

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Yup, your definitely right. The second I mention it I can feel the defense shield. I might have to try it. That way I have 'proof' so to speak, example I guess would be a better word. He'll have an excuse.. He always does. 

Quoting MsCherry10:

It's silly but he has no choice to be receptive. His defenses are up on the topic whenever you mention it . Maybe this is the only way he can read thru without automatically defending himself or shutting you out. =/ sounds tough.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I say set up a nanny cam for a week then " show" him his behavior .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)