• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen dies after Russian roulette shooting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/246957/14/Teen-dies-after-Russian-roulette-shooting

WEST OLIVE, Mich. (WZZM) -- A teenage boy shot in the face while playing Russian roulette has died from his injuries, according to detectives.Brandon Kuiper, 16, died Friday afternoon, says Lt. Mark Bennett with the Ottawa County Sheriff's Department.  Bennett released the boy's name in an updated statement on the shooting.Previous Coverage: Teen shot in face during Russian roulette gameDetectives say an autopsy will be performed on Kuipers Monday in Spectrum Health Blodgett Hospital's pathology department.Kuiper was shot while with a group of teenager boys at a home on Leonard Road in Tallmadge Township.  According to investigators, the boys were playing with a handgun in the basement of the home.  They say drugs and alcohol were involved in the incident.Detectives say Richard Usher, 18, shot Kuiper in the face during the incident.  Usher originally faced a charge of attempted manslaughter.  According to an Ottawa County Jail website, authorities are already seeking to upgrade the charges to manslaughter.Lt. Bennett says there was a history of horseplay with guns at the home where the shooting occurred.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Um, a 16 year old can be home alone
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM
He's 16. Were your parents up your ass 24/7 at 16?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovemyQ
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM

At 16 you can be left alone, but there was a history of horseplay with guns at the home. THAT is why I would say where are the parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM

He's 16 not 6.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he_qGqrtseY

working?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM
No. But I had enough supervision to not have access to guns, drugs, and alcohol all at once.

Quoting ColieO:

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Ok... And i doubt the parents were willingly supplying it. You're very naive to think all teens are the same as you. The kid who shot him was 18.Clearly he has older friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. But I had enough supervision to not have access to guns, drugs, and alcohol all at once.

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM
So the parents play no role in this?

Quoting ColieO:

Ok... And i doubt the parents were willingly supplying it. You're very naive to think all teens are the same as you. The kid who shot him was 18.Clearly he has older friends.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ColieO:

momof2girls89
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

That's terrible. They were old enough to know not to play with guns. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
No. What is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he_qGqrtseY

working?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)