Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

This may be long, this may be short, I won't know till I'm done. I know this forum is for confessions, but today this thread is for ventilation. So feel free to respond with your vent, or comment on mine. I hope it'll make you feel better just to get it out, 'cause that's why I'm doing it.

So, to start with, I have a room mate that I have several issues with. First issue I had with him, him walking about the house in his boxers. So, he was informed that I was uncomfortable with this, not to mention I have a soon to be 13 year old girl. Hello, 30 year old man walking about in his underwear is completely inappropriate. That was months ago. Walk out of my bed room with my mother today, and he's standing in the kitchen in his god damn boxers, my daughter sitting on the steps with a clear view.

Secondly, same room mate, he smokes in his room. It's against our lease to smoke in the house, also I have a reaction to cigarette smoke. When I found out he was doing this, again he was talked to about it, and he said he would quit. Didn't happen. He's still smoking in his room, and I'm starting to get sick a lot more frequently, like what usually happens when I'm overexposed to cigarette smoke. Not to mention, he's also exposing my daughter, which I've managed to keep away from her so far. So this just pisses me off beyond belief. I want to say something, but my boyfriend thinks it would be better if he talked to him. Well, that was over a week ago and he still hasn't been talked to.

Thirdly, is that a word, thirdly? Anyway, he now owes us for 4 months of bills, not including this months. It's close to $300. We've only let it go this far because my boyfriend has basically been covering for him. I've told him that this also has to quit, and I'm sorry if he's fallen on hard times recently, but he hasn't been on hard times for all 4 months. I even said I'm not looking for much, hell $20 a week or something as a good faith payment, something. Not a bloody thing, he's also never talked to me directly about any "hard times." So, I have to act like I don't know anything about it, and I've talked to him about how bills need to be paid, trying to give him the chance to talk to me. Nothing. So, since I'm very blunt, I again am recommended to not be the one to talk to him. Last night I talked to my boyfriend about it, my boyfriend was like, it's just not a good time, I said it's never a good time, so good time or not, it needs to be taken care of now. 

Another thing, apparently he thinks that things in the garage are just free game. Last night he took my ceiling fan from the garage and put it up in his room. As far as I'm aware he asked no one about it, just thought he could take it. Well, now I'm pissed as hell. One, I've already had issues in regards to people messing with my things, I've done preemptive, hey if you're going to do that, can you get me so I can take care of my own things. Then they do this, without telling me and all my shit has been moved. I still can't find the glass rods that I need to make beads, because someone didn't come and get me. Now, I have to worry about people taking my things too. My things are not the only ones in the garage, we all have something out there, so for him to just take my fan without checking with anyone? Seriously????

I'm pretty much the only one that cleans the house. If I don't do it, it probably won't get done. I get very little help, if I get any at all. I also get loose words of I'll help with that, or I'll vacuum that this week, and then nothing.

We had a room mate move out not that long ago. Said we disrespected him repeatedly since we didn't keep up on the dishes all the time. Well, excuse the hell out of me. I tried to do mine when I could, I have a muscular skeletal disease that puts me in chronic pain, some days, I can't stand or bend over to do the dishes. Not to mention, this room mate had an agreement with me when it came to vacuuming the upstairs. I was to do it on Wednesdays and he would do it on Saturdays. That didn't last very long, it got down again to just me, and he wants to call me disrespectful. Not to mention the fact that he seem to find it impossible to fucking recycle when the list was on the cupboard above the trash can. Wouldn't rinse it either, just throw cans and dairy containers in the trash right in front of me, and this after I asked repeatedly that people please recycle. Yeah, disrespect. This person also tried to tell me that using the lease to kick the other room mate out was shitty, and that he has squatters rights. Well, it might be shitty, but there is not such thing as squatters rights in my state. What we have is called adverse possession, and since he hasn't been living here for 7 years acting as the owner, or 10 years paying and maintaining anything, he will have to leave. Unfortunately that means we probably won't be the $300 he owes us.

*sigh* I feel much better, how about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:16 AM

And now there is a leak in his bloody ceiling, it's been there a while now, our landlord sucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)