• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keratin treatment

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

i was thinking about getting a keratin treatment. has anyone had one? are they supposed to make curly hair straight and shine?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
robsgurl_23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

don't use the suave keratin thing cause I read a lot of review about people's hair falling out from using that stuff

Mrs.Winchester
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm not sure exactly what that is.  Explain?

Kris_PBG
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Ack!!

Quoting robsgurl_23:

don't use the suave keratin thing cause I read a lot of review about people's hair falling out from using that stuff

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Invest professionally - I spent about 400 on mime total - that was for the cut, the treatment, the removal, the shampoo and conditioner and the tip for both appointments.

It was so worth it. Mine lasted about 8 months, but my hair only needs washed twice a week -

I am going to see if I can figure out how to post pictures on my tablet - my hair went from frizzy crazy mess to beautiful, short ,sleek beauty
....ClvrScn.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Don't use a home treatment - really dangerous and make sure you go to a salon that is licensed to do it . Macy's might have a licensed person , but I went to a private salon -
LauraTheStylist
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Keratin is really good, it loosens up your hair and makes it soft and shiny. Keratin is a protein so it's safer than perms or relaxers. My friends got one called Cocoa keratin smoothing treatment and that one lasted like 5 months, which is pretty long. The whole system came with two shampoos and a conditioner to keep the effect going. I think they ordered it online. But it's really good if you have frizzy curly hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)