Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did You Ever Stop To Think? Yeah I know Another PA Post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
3 moms liked this

So all the PA bashers that check out what is in someone's shopping cart: did you ever stop to think that maybe they are shopping for someone else before bashing or making fun of them?

I use to work for group homes for mentally & physically disabled children & adults.  Bc of my shift, couponing & organization I was always put in charge of grocery shopping for our group home.

We had 8 residents, all with specific needs & likes.

I would get so many nasty looks grocery shopping it sucked & yes it was state funded & the group home had an EBT card.  I would shop twice a month & the carts would be FILLED.

Certain types of milk, certain types of cereal, certain types of snacks & meat & fruits & veggies. Some of the "better" stuff that so many of you feel people on PA shouldn't get, like shrimp. Yup a lot of formula also, I'm sure I had many breastfeeding crazies bash me behind my back as well.

I'd pull out the government issued card & sometimes the whispers & gasps would just make me laugh.

All but one of my residents were wards of the state, parents dumped their children there (yes I say that bc most of my residents were in their 30's & had never even met their parents).

So did you ever stop to think that some of those that you are bashing aren't even shopping for themselves?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM

YAWN.

thetrollcat
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

no I never stop to think I think while I am walking

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Who does that shit! I don't care what's in who cart.
Mama_Dolly
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Most moms on mc dont think. Most need to go to oz for a brain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Make a sign that says "Social Worker" and then wear it when shopping.  I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a POS welfare parasite. 

Why not be proactive and solve your own problem instead of expecting the rest of the world to change for you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I'm sure most already know that about you.

Quoting thetrollcat:

no I never stop to think I think while I am walking

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I worked at a battered woman's shelter and had the same responsibility.  some people were downright rude!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM

I don't expect anyone to change, did I say I expect it? Nope didn't even imply it.

Just making people think before they hate on someone, though I know that won't always happen either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make a sign that says "Social Worker" and then wear it when shopping.  I sure as hell know I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a POS welfare parasite. 

Why not be proactive and solve your own problem instead of expecting the rest of the world to change for you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM

It is amazing how many don't think.

I don't expect this post to change many but it may get one, who knows.

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked at a battered woman's shelter and had the same responsibility.  some people were downright rude!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

To hell with that then.  No thinking will be happening here.

If you don't wish to be confused with welfare people, wear a sign.  Problem solved!  Glad I could be of help. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't expect anyone to change, did I say I expect it? Nope didn't even imply it.

Just making people think before they hate on someone, though I know that won't always happen either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)