Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She did what to WHAT ???? REALLY???? ..... I wanted a GREAT Dinner !!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this

I ,myself , grew up with an Executive  Chef as My mother .

It can actually be a curse . Not something I normally let others know about . 

I LOVE great foods and creating new dishes.  Things that many, may not have tasted / eaten before . 

As a child growing up I knew no different . 

As an adult ,and an executive Chef ,  I have come to realize that so many people don't understand food.

The most simplistic food can be the most mouth watering. The most expensive  may not go over very well. 

If You were out for dinner and about to spend $50 per person....

Do you automatically close your mind, and mouth , if you don't see something familiar on the menu ?

Do you automatically decide,  you will not try something , because of the name of the food . ( maybe because you tried it before and it was a nightmare to eat ) ?

Are you willing to give certain foods a * second chance * ????

Are you willing to try something you haven't eaten before ?

Are you scared to try a food you haven't had before ???

If You wouldn't mind answering honestly it would be greatly appreciated .

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
11 moms liked this

You sound like Remi from Ratatouille

lauraschatz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Well no... but I'm a foodie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beachbeauty
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I am more willing to try new foods or give certain foods a "second chance" if I am at home than out, however the reason is that I am on a tight budget and going out is a rare treat which would be ruined if I ordered something I didn't like in the past, not to mention a waste of money for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I don't know of the character your talking about. I will look it up though .

Or should I not ???

OL 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Huh?!
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

lol it's actually a cute movie :) It's a rat that LOVES food  & loves to cook. He's really passionate about it. .. yes. .even as a rat lol :P)

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know of the character your talking about. I will look it up though .

Or should I not ???

OL 

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

photo 09818b36-418b-42ec-bb89-2fd181fbf1af_zpsde7408ec.jpg

"I love you today and I love you tomorrow, I love you as deep as the sea. I love you in joy and I love you in sorrow, You can always come home to me" Andrew Peterson

xtwistedxlovex
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:33 PM
If I don't recognize it I stay away because many foods upset my stomach. I'm willing to try new things, but only at home where I have control of exactly what's going in and won't have wasted as much money if I can't eat it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a passion for food, cooking it and of course eating it. I always try something new or different every time I go out, and I'm not afraid to cook anything. I do only try a bad food once though. If I don't like it the first time, I will not put it in my mouth again, that's probably one of the things I should work on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I absolutely and completely ( was that a little overboard !?!? ) understand that .

I am at a point right now that I can open my own restaurant. I am very leary about it though. 

With today's economy , and knowing that many people aren't continuing to eat out , I am looking for possible ideas that will work as far as food goes . 

( BTW : I am in Florida )

( Thank You very much for your reply :)    )

Quoting beachbeauty:

I am more willing to try new foods or give certain foods a "second chance" if I am at home than out, however the reason is that I am on a tight budget and going out is a rare treat which would be ruined if I ordered something I didn't like in the past, not to mention a waste of money for me.

ermka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I love trying things I know nothing about.. I was terrified of sushi.. Now I'm obsessed. Same goes for shell fish. I love the thrill of it and I'm almost always happy I tried it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)