Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How heavy is your flow? *TMI WARNING*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

Mine is normally light and last 7 days, but this time it's gushing with lots of dark clots. IDK what is going on! I am on my 5th super jumbo tampon. Earlier I had worn one for 2 hours, I felt myself leaking so I went up to change it, as soon as I sat down the damn thing shot out of me like a log flume! And now my underoo's are toast. GRRR! Stupid period. Why is it so heavy? I have been having periods for 14 years and this is the heaviest one I have ever experienced.

*UPDATE*

I haven't gone to the doctor yet. I have an appt for Monday, but I am considering the ER. Everytime I switch my tampon the toilet looks like a crime scene. I have about 3-4 6 inch clots everytime and all the gushing blood. I am not cramping anymore though. How long will this last? I have gone through 21 tampons in 2 days plus 3 overnight pads. Last night I woke up every 1.5-2 hours because I felt myself leaking. This is making me crazy!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookiemonster90
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm sorry... I am laughing too hard at the log flume part to have anything serious to say. Hope it gets better soon.

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
8 days long, I hate it!

Miscarriage maybe? or another hormonal change?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol...could it be a miscarriage? Have you not had a period for a while?
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Id call your dr, that's how mine was when I miscarried. I was 3-4wks so I hadn't found out yet...
nursiepooLPN
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Possible miscarriage? Change to pads and if you change them more than once an hour, bright red blood, pass clots bigger than 1/2 a dollar might want that checked out.
slayerslegacy
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I bleed ridiculously, especially after having my son and then developing fibroids. It's amazing to me that I'm not anemic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I hope not.  DH and I are TTC. I thought for sure I was preggo but then aunt flo visited 4 days early and super heavy with TONS of clots.

Quoting Supervane:

8 days long, I hate it!

Miscarriage maybe? or another hormonal change?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I would be 4 weeks if it is a mc. I will call my doc in the morning.

Quoting Mommynwife26:

Id call your dr, that's how mine was when I miscarried. I was 3-4wks so I hadn't found out yet...

norwgnwood
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM
I'm sorry but I loled at log flume.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:44 PM

This has been happening to me for the last few months. Its awful. I can't leave the house for 3 days. I have had to miss work because of it. Mine have always been fairly light and short. Now its just like you described. Sometimes I can only go twenty minutes or so before leaking through a tampon if there are lots of clots. I read that this is often hormonal and is changes in your hormone levels. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)