Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding issues to hide or not to hide.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
So I have a little girl and step son and now a brand new son whom is breastfed. Now my step son is almost 3 and my daughter is almost 5. I don't have a problem pumping or breastfeeding my son in front of my daughter. The other day though my SS came in and I hid, should I be freaking out and hiding. Or is it okay to do that in front of him? Nature is nature and he did not seem phased or offended by the situation. He just carried on but he did look at me and say "milk."
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slayerslegacy
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I see no issue with it, but I'm sure someone will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

If I were his bio mom and he was around his step mom breastfeeding, I wouldn't care in the least. Hell, I'd even encourage it, to make him aware that it's normal, natural and simply how a lot of babies eat.

but that's just me.

amandae21
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Nurse in front of him. Maybe explain what it is. He's 3! My almost-3yo understands that her brother is eating.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM
There is no reason to hide, that's silly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM

dude, he is three. unless there is some religious thing or co relating to you not showing your breasts remember its your home and the kid isn't going to remember watching you bf.

SadieJames
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Please be a troll. If not then this is a silly ridiculous post.

kiralyn
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM
No reason to hide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I'm really not a troll I just don't know if it's appropriate behavior as a step mom. Personally I don't care but I don't want his mom to see me and think its foul. So I'm asking the opinion of you lovely ladies.

Quoting SadieJames:

Please be a troll. If not then this is a silly ridiculous post.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Why would you hide? He's 5. He SHOULD see a woman breastfeeding so when he's older, he can be a supportive husband as he'll remember it as the norm!

ETA: If he has questions, answer them! Breasts are NOT sexual. Western society has made them sexual.

stickyfingers
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:13 AM
I would try to pump in another room because my nipple getting sucked in that thing is emberassing but nurse in front of him. No need to hide
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)