Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm breaking up with my husband.. the reason why might shock you... - kinda update -

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this

We have been having issues for a while.. he is always depressed and unhappy.. he cannot keep a job.. personal hygiene is terrible.. he sees a counsellor...

tonight he told me the reason is because he wants to be a woman..

yep... 7 years I've been with him.. two kids.. and he throws this in my lap.. the thing that hurts the most is he says he knew all along... how do you just keep that from someone? That seems like something you MIGHT want to tell someone before marriage.. kids.. etc...

I feel like he took away my option to accept it or not.. like I never had a choice.

God I wish this was a troll post.

So yeah.. things not going so well.. definetely not going to get through this marrage intact. The lies are just too much for me. There are so many other factors that I cannot even describe on here.. so basically.. he is going to take my mom off the mortgage. I'm not on it because when we bought I was not working and it was better for us to have her on it. once that is done I am going to apply for some lower income housing, rent here is really expensive and until I figure things out I guess I need to be able to afford to live and support my kids.

I guess he told his family.. they are pretty shocked but say they will support us both... my family on the other hand is really upset and I had to make my dad promise not to murder my husband...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
2 moms liked this
😧 Hugs mamma I have no advice wse but a lot of hugs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Mama. I'm sorry. :0(. Idk what else to say.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
It happens...
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Well it's better that you both move on and find happiness then one of you be miserable forever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
14 moms liked this

No.. rain happens... vomit happens...storms happen... someone doesn't just 'happen' to forget to tell their wife they want a vagina.

Quoting Anonymous:

It happens...

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Dayuuummmm. So sorry mama...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Just because you know something all along, doesn't mean you are ready to accept it. Which sucks for those who love you, but also can suck for them. 

I hope you guys are able to co-parent successfully together 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, yeah, it does. It's about denying who you are to fit society's standards. I honestly feel for the both of you.

Quoting Anonymous:

No.. rain happens... vomit happens...storms happen... someone doesn't just 'happen' to forget to tell their wife they want a vagina.

Quoting Anonymous:

It happens...

Midsummerdawn
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM

My ex-husband was/is gay. And he spent a long time holding down the couch before he finally let me know. Honestly, I think I could have dealt with him being gay if he just kept up his end of the bills and wasn't such a whiney bitch. I didn't leave him because he was gay. I was already trying to extricate myself from him when he made the announcement.

But everyone else thinks we broke up because he was/is gay and that actually makes it easier for the rest of the family. Our families are all still friends because they think it was an unavoidable breakup of a marriage that would never have happened if only gay marriage were legal and poor ex hubby who wanted a family so desperately didn't have to pretend to be something he wasn't and hurt me in the process. My husband and I, however, can't stand the sight of each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
4 moms liked this

its pretty freaken selfish imo.... its not just something you throw at someone and expect them to be okay with it. I have zero against transgender people.. even know a few.. but its just not something you keep to yourself. You don't remove someones choice to decide if thats a journey they want to take with you.. until you have two children,, and a life together.. a life of lies.. and misery.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you know something all along, doesn't mean you are ready to accept it. Which sucks for those who love you, but also can suck for them. 

I hope you guys are able to co-parent successfully together 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)