Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a question for those against circumcision

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
What about for religious beliefs? Should jewish people be barred from doing it, too? (If it were to be outlawed)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Bump
emerald111
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I've heard that circumcision is done differently with a Jewish circumcision. 

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes because a religious sacrifice of the flesh should be made by a consenting adult who wants to be forever joined to his religion by doing so, the original sacrifice was made by adults and is only meaningful when made by adults. There are Jewish people who are against infant circumcision.
caito
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Are people allowed to mutilate female genitals for religious purposes? No? Because it's barbaric and wrong? Well, gosh golly gee. Why should it be any different for male genitals?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I appreciate your polite, informative answer.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Yes because a religious sacrifice of the flesh should be made by a consenting adult who wants to be forever joined to his religion by doing so, the original sacrifice was made by adults and is only meaningful when made by adults. There are Jewish people who are against infant circumcision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I am not for or against circumcisions I do believe that people should be educated about the decision to alter their child.  However a bris is a more relaxed and generally an easier time for a baby boy to be cut.  No for religious beliefs I don't think it should be banned.

crashblossom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't care really if other people circumcize their sons. I just am kind of appalled that it seems like it's become the norm. Like an "of course" thing. All I know if the only reason I want someone putting a knife to my son is to save or better his life and I don't believe circumcision does either.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I am against circumcision for my children but what every one else does to their babies penis is non of my business so I don't give a flying fuck if it should be banned or outlawed or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonnie555
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:10 AM

absolutely. no circumcision should be allowed except for genuine medical reasons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)