Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For anyone who has had MRSA.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Did it get out of hand fast.. I had a bump that got really swollen, discolored, and painful for about a week. Now the swelling is gone, muscle pain is gone. It is just a dime sized purple discolored spot and is peeling. No pain, nothing. Could it still be MRSA? My family is just telling me to blow it off.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I think me and dh have it. We have both been getting painful knots under our arms. They last a few days and disappear then come back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Get tumeric, ingest it and make a paste out of it and put it on the area and cover it.
kameronsmommy08
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:44 AM

MRSA is not something to play around with. It almost killed my husband; you should have it checked out to be safe.

brandydesiree
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
If you have MRSA you always carry it. Of you have a flare up and get a sore, you're gonna need antibiotics or it is just going to continue to rot your flesh... It won't heal itself.

You probably just had a boil or a different firm of staph.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetmomma326
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Yes it did.  It started out as a boil like bump, then it got to the size of a grape, started getting hot to the touch, really red, and it had a head on it, so my dumbass popped it, and spread it.  I had satellite pustules around the big ole betsey.  I had to have it lanced every afternoon and have gauze stuffed inside.  I was on strong antibiotics and Percocets for 2 months straight.  It left a scar, an ugly one on my left shoulder.

Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Yeah it would not have gone away on its own like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN