Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Painful, swollen lumps in my legs...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
They look bruised. It almost looks like someone beat my legs with a bat. I am pregnant and they just started coming up in the last week. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I am going to the doctor on Monday but I thought I would see if anyone has ever had this.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Bump
aalmomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Mil had one a couple months back. Hers was a boil or abscess or something. Anyway..a teaspoon of turmeric a day and it was gone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Bump
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I have no idea mama but that sounds pretty scary and I would say if it gets worse (or maybe even if it doesn't)  I would go get it checked out before monday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I have 8 of them in my left leg and 4 on my right leg. It is not a boil. It feels like a deep bruise almost like when I hit my shin on the coffee table.

Quoting aalmomma:

Mil had one a couple months back. Hers was a boil or abscess or something. Anyway..a teaspoon of turmeric a day and it was gone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM
It is freaking me out because there are so many knots.

Quoting gcstar42:

I have no idea mama but that sounds pretty scary and I would say if it gets worse (or maybe even if it doesn't)  I would go get it checked out before monday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Bump
aalmomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Hmm maybe swollen lymph nodes? I'd go get checked since they hurt.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have 8 of them in my left leg and 4 on my right leg. It is not a boil. It feels like a deep bruise almost like when I hit my shin on the coffee table.

Quoting aalmomma:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Deep vein thrombosis? Are the hot and tender to the touch? If so I would get to the dr soon. It's common in pregnancy but not something you want to wait to see a dr about. It has to do with blood clots in the legs due to poor circulation in pregnancy. Your legs tend to get neglected. I naught even go so far as to say go to the ER or walk in. You don't want to mess around with that stuff.
DieselsMom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I'd call and make an appt on monday...no need to sit in the ER but def needs to be seen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)