Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Items for a baby...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:11 AM
  • 22 Replies
What items did you have when you were 6 months pregnant ,I just feel lk I don't have enough and I'm curious to find out what others had by now ... What was necessary and what did you think could be bought towards the end ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:12 AM
4 moms liked this
A rocket ship
2 horses
4 maids
A diamond ring
3 Michael kors watches
And like a pack of diapers
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM

honestly, i don't even remember. i just know that i had everything well before the baby was born. If you're having a baby shower, you'll be getting stuff from that too, so yeah.

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM
My first I had bedding and some onesies at 6mo my second I had a swing lol. I tend to wait til the last month for most items, I think it just takes me that long to know what I want.
crashblossom
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I'm almost 21 weeks and I already have almost everything. Which was a horrible plan as I'm moving ten hours away in two weeks, but ya know. Excited first time mommy and all! I have a crib, bassinet, cosleeper, dresser/change table, changing pad, thermomoter, bathtub, pack n' play w/ bassinet attachment, car seat, breast pump, nasal aspirator, and more clothes/bibs/blankets than I can count. I just found out I was having a girl yesterday so I went out and bought pink crib bedding, car seat and pack n' play and way too many clothes. :P

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Leobaby2007
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I can't remember, but I do remember having everything I needed by the time my son was born.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Really... The only thing you NEED is a carseat and something to put on their bum:)

The rest is icing.
meka26
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Nothing. I waited until after my shower to buy things. Lucky for me I didn't need to buy anything for a long time.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Honestly a baby does not need all that much stuff. Clothes, diapers, wipes, maybe a pacifier, and if you are not breastfeeding bottles and formula, and a crib if you do not want to cosleep. Oh and a carseat of course. I think pretty much anything else can wait unless there is something you just want.

AmberMerrell
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM
I don't remember what I had with my first, but I am now 5 months with my 2nd & I have the carseat, bouncer, & a swing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom-2-3-Girlz
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Confession...my first child took all sorts of medical intervention and almost 2 years to concieve. I had everything before I was even pregnant. I was crazy like that!

If I were a logical, reasonable person, I would have started saving money right away, but waited until after the baby shower to get everything I didn't receive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)