Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe him! What would you do?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM
  • 7 Replies
My DF has a MAJOR gambling problem, he's gone twice THIS month, behind my back and spent 150$ I know it could be worse, but honestly.. We have 3 kids, all in diapers that we're trying to raise on a minimum wage job, behind on truck payments, owe my cousin money, and need to save so he can take his butt to college.. What would you ladies do?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I'd leave or throw him OUT. I would not put up with that BS. There's no way a family with 3 kids can live on minimum wage. Go home to your family, you'd be better off.

harpsichord
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:41 AM

um yeah, a gambling problem is pretty much a deal breaker, so...

KlingyMomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
I feel you! My hubby has done it. I have no advise. Leaving a man you love over an addiction on the chance of free money is just, idk... I couldn't leave MY hubby over that. He is perfect for me in every other aspect. I just made him feel like an ass, which that is a jerk move. He hasn't done it in a while, but I'm always scared he will do it again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyTiny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM

He's a great dad, and works really hard for us, he feels so bad after doing it, yet does it again.. I need to get a job, I hate worrying about finances then he pulls this crap..

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd leave or throw him OUT. I would not put up with that BS. There's no way a family with 3 kids can live on minimum wage. Go home to your family, you'd be better off.

LoveMyTiny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I don't want to leave him over it, and I do make him feel like an ass then feel like a bitch for it too lol.. He already beats himself up about it so much

Quoting KlingyMomma:

I feel you! My hubby has done it. I have no advise. Leaving a man you love over an addiction on the chance of free money is just, idk... I couldn't leave MY hubby over that. He is perfect for me in every other aspect. I just made him feel like an ass, which that is a jerk move. He hasn't done it in a while, but I'm always scared he will do it again.

KlingyMomma
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I soooo know what you mean. I hate having to be a bitch over money lol
Char-Bear
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM
If he wouldn't go to gamblers anonymous to get help or refused to turn over all money to me to handle then I would probably leave if it was causing a huge strain on our finances. If it's a once in a while thing I would try to budget for it. It all depends on how.much money and how often he was doing it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)