Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another Walmart story.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My dh, dd, and I were leaving Walmart after getting groceries. We were at the stoplight getting ready to turn left to go home. our Walmart has a gas station on the opposite side of street, so as we were in the left turn lane, a right turn lane was on the opposite side facing us ready to turn right in the direction we were going to go. So my husband decides to slide a little bit further out to 'make the light turn green faster' and get the green light so obviously we turn left, and as we do a woman comes flying out of the gas station turning right. doesn't even attempt to stop at the light. she ends up smashing into our car right on the part between the taillight and back passenger tire. Luckily dd was on the drivers side. Needless to say, I felt bad for fussing at dh about sliding forward because if he hasn't, she would have definitely hit my door and injured me. So now my back sorta hurts and I'm sitting here at 5:30 in the morning because dd has woken up screaming 3 times since 12. We both are sick and I'm just miserable right now. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:30 AM
That's crazy. Did you get her info and make a report? You should get to go to the doctor under her insurance.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM
I called the police and an officer came out to do the report. I was shaken up cause my dd was with us and it was my first accident ever. She had her son and boyfriend with her. The both have a revoked license so they have to go to court and she got two tickets.

Quoting audreesmama:

That's crazy. Did you get her info and make a report? You should get to go to the doctor under her insurance.
audreesmama
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Oh, ok. Did you get her insurance info? She should have to pay medical bills. I would call your insurance and give them her info, they will handle it and it shouldn't raise your rates. You can get your car fixed and go to the doc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I called the police and an officer came out to do the report. I was shaken up cause my dd was with us and it was my first accident ever. She had her son and boyfriend with her. The both have a revoked license so they have to go to court and she got two tickets.

Quoting audreesmama:

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:48 AM

If they even have insurance. 

Quoting audreesmama:

Oh, ok. Did you get her insurance info? She should have to pay medical bills. I would call your insurance and give them her info, they will handle it and it shouldn't raise your rates. You can get your car fixed and go to the doc.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
yea. The officer printed out some report to get to my husband and her. It had her insurance (technically her moms because it was her moms car). My dh called both insurance companies last night to let them know what happened so now we are waiting to hear back from them. The officer said he found the woman at fault (obviously) but her mom is definitely going to be upset and might think twice about letting someone else drive her car..especially one without a valid license.

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:52 AM
its her moms car so she did. all they got was our paint on their front bumper with really pissed me off.

Quoting mattiehatter:

If they even have insurance. 

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Hilary799
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:05 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad you all were not seriously injured. One thing we learned from our accident is that if you get any letters from a lawyer on their behalf, send them DIRECTLY to your insurance company. Technically, they can't contact you personally. See a doctor as soon as you can so you will have the reports for the insurance companies. That way, you guys are all covered. *hugs*

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Make sure to replace DD's carseat (I'm assuming she is still in one?), even if it doesn't appear damaged. Glad no one was seriously hurt! *Hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs-mudge
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM
omg! I am glad you all weren't seriously hurt! obviously they had revoked licences for a reason!
BluePandaDreams
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:22 AM
If they were driving on a revoked license, they more than likely didn't have insurance.

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting audreesmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)