Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HE came out of MY vagina, I change HIS diapers...don't tell me "NO...that's a girl!"***update with sightly older pic***

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM
  • 224 Replies
3 moms liked this

Ok..maybe I am a little frustrated. But seriously? I cannot stand when random people argue with me when I tell them my son is a boy and not a girl. Like really? I am his mother for Petes sake!!!! I think I would know my childs gender! In all level headedness, I understand to an extent that people would be confused. My little dude has big green eyes like his daddy, Long dark eyelashes like me, And long (we are talking mid-back and very curly, to his little tush when wet) hair. He is very...pretty so to speak. But we dress him very masculine...camo pants and monster truck shits, shirts that say " mamas little man"...very boyish themed and very boyish colors. Most of the time I get the whole, "Oh what a sweet little girl!" or the casual "look how cute she is!" To which I simply smile and say "Thank you...HE is a very sweet little BOY" or "Thank you, but when HE is at home HE is not as cute and well tempered as HE looks." I don't get offended or get upset...I just see it as an honest mistake. Sometimes it is just "Thank you!" a smile, and I walk away. Now keep in mind it can be a little irritating when he is with us and both his siblings...his brother dressed like him and his sister dressed to the teeth in pink and glittery things, but I usually don't mind. What irks me to the core is when I have people try to tell ME that MY SON is a girl after telling them otherwise. I have heard things like "ARE YOU SURE?!?!?!" or "NO, I KNOW A GIRL WHEN I SEE ONE!" First off, yes I am quite sure. I have had 2 years, almost 3, of diaper changes and baths, and a birth certificate to prove it, also ...I know a penis when I see it. Secondly..obviously you do not know a girl when you see one, because HE IS A BOY. HIS NAME IS DONALD. Then come the dirty looks and very unappreciated "advice". "You need to cut that poor kids hair!" "you are making your son gay!" "only girls should have long hair!" no...no I am not, and how dare you make such a homophobic statement....and that is wayyy off from true. And its not just older people...it is people of all ages. Not everyone is like that...the ones who are smart enough to see the boy clothes and see him for him think the long hair is awesome and adorable...just as I do. I get a toon of compliments on how healthy his hair is, how well kept it is, and what beautiful lashes he has! He is my bruiser lol. He beats up his older brother ( which really needs to stop and time outs are NOT working) and plays in puddles and mud. He is a total Manly kid :) I don't know...I usually don't let it bug me, but some people really irritate me about it. His brother daniel has very short hair. He doesnt like it in his face and prefers it short, but his father has long hair and he thinks his brother Donald's hair is awesome long. It is how He likes it. We cut 3 inches off and he was PISSED! He wouldnt talk to us for 2 days! Do any of you have a boy with long hair?

l

*update....this pic is right after his last cut...have more on my phone but cannot upload. dunno how.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I had that happen to me once..... My middle son was about a year old, bald little thing. I suppose I had dressed him in a gender neutral outfit(cream sweater and jeans), but still! An older lady was talking to my oldest(then 2 1/2) and telling him what a pretty sister he had. I laughed and said "thanks, we think his brother is pretty adorable". She got a shocked look...."that baby is FAR too pretty to be a boy, are you sure?!"

O.o

Uh....yeah. Pretty sure I know the gender of my children, thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strangeyfine
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My ds is only 6months with not a lot of hair, and what he does have is very blond so you can barely see it, lol. But your boy sounds like a heart-throb in the making!  To hell with those fuckwits who try to tell ou what gender your child is and how to change his appearance!

mrs-mudge
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM
awww thank you :) He is our little flirt...Gonna have trouble with him as a Teen!

Quoting strangeyfine:

My ds is only 6months with not a lot of hair, and what he does have is very blond so you can barely see it, lol. But your boy sounds like a heart-throb in the making!  To hell with those fuckwits who try to tell ou what gender your child is and how to change his appearance!

Hilary799
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:25 AM

My middle son was like that at 2 with beautiful blonde curly hair and big blue eyes. We cut it and since he's only let it get really long a few times since. Now he prefers it an inch all over. It breaks my heart :( now my youngest son started growing his long. He's got bangs he flips to the side and he also has beautiful blue eyes and long lashes. ALL the boys in my family have beautiful eyelashes on my dad's side. His sisters did! All the grandchildren, particularly the boys have beautiful lashes lol. My grandmother always complains lol. Yes, both my boys have been mistaken for girls, the youngest by someone who saw him fleetingly at the movie theater a few weeks ago. Let your son be who he wants and who cares about everyone else.

NNB
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I know the feeling. I posted a picture of my ds on here and had people telling me that I was obviously lieing and he was a girl...
mrs-mudge
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:29 AM
glad to know its not just me! all my babies have blue eyes except Donnie...he got his daddy's :) all blondies too...which is funny because i am Mexican and Irish, and daddy is native and hebrew.

Quoting Hilary799:

My middle son was like that at 2 with beautiful blonde curly hair and big blue eyes. We cut it and since he's only let it get really long a few times since. Now he prefers it an inch all over. It breaks my heart :( now my youngest son started growing his long. He's got bangs he flips to the side and he also has beautiful blue eyes and long lashes. ALL the boys in my family have beautiful eyelashes on my dad's side. His sisters did! All the grandchildren, particularly the boys have beautiful lashes lol. My grandmother always complains lol. Yes, both my boys have been mistaken for girls, the youngest by someone who saw him fleetingly at the movie theater a few weeks ago. Let your son be who he wants and who cares about everyone else.

mrs-mudge
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:34 AM
since having a boy with long hair, i find i can usuallytell. and if not i go with the "Such a cute baby" rather than slap an unsure gender lable.

Quoting NNB:

I know the feeling. I posted a picture of my ds on here and had people telling me that I was obviously lieing and he was a girl...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

my sons hair is like greg brady's...big and curly, 70's style

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM
15 moms liked this
So let me get this straight. You think it's offensive that people would assume he is a girl because he has long hair, but you WANT them to assume he is a boy because he is dressed in "boyish" clothes??? Why is there a double standard with you? You're saying don't judge my child for having a non-gender typical haircut BUT I expect you to come to the conclusion of his gender because I dressed him in gender typical clothing. Smh

If people are actually making comments like that (and I personally get the impression you are stretching it a little) then that is rude and ignorant of course and so who really cares what people like that think of say. If I am unsure of a child's gender then I stay away from "he" or "she" and say something like "wow look at those gorgeous eyes" or something like that. I have had and seen people make gender mistakes about my kids and others before that I thought were pretty obvious. But oh well, I guess they're just morons. Who cares.
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM

My oldest son has hazel eyes that change constantly. Dh is not his bio father, but they have the same eye color and dark brown hair. He looks very much like his grandmother though and his great uncle, but has dh's sense of fun. He's daddy to him, and dh adopted him almost 7 yrs ago when he was 6 1/2. He doesn't know his sperm donor. He's seen him, but doesn't really know. Ds is also autistic, so Granny and I have an agreement involving the asshole. Ex-mil adopted me and got rid of him for the most part and has adopted dh when we got married almost 12 years lol. It's funny how kids mold to their surroundings. Middle ds has medium brown hair that's darkening rapidly. Dsd is blonde, and dd is also blonde. We were both blonde as children. I have medium brown hair, if I leave it natural lol

Quoting mrs-mudge:

glad to know its not just me! all my babies have blue eyes except Donnie...he got his daddy's :) all blondies too...which is funny because i am Mexican and Irish, and daddy is native and hebrew.

Quoting Hilary799:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)