Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

chat rooms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I was wondering if anyone has used chatrooms to find friends, not lovers or dating or what not, but just friends (that are free of course). I moved to where I am about 2 years ago and don't get out much so I really haven't made any friends other than at work, but the people I made friends with at work I lost their numbers or their numbers aren't working.

I just need a social life because where I moved to I hang out by myself because it is a bad neighborhood and don't really talk to too many people. I have even though of just going to the local McDonald's and finding friends there, but honestly, I think that might be kind of creepy and do the exact opposite of what my intentions are (finding friends to hang out with, mainly female, but I can have male friends also). 

I have actually barecading myself in my house because I am afraid of actually going out (like I said to McDonald's) and finding friends. I have a hard time trusting people because the last batch of friends I had, weren't friends at all and betrayed me and my children. Also, I had moved about an hour away from my real friends and away from my family including my parents, so the only real socializing I do is on the phone or online. I need to actually get out of the house is what I really need to do.

any suggestions? I don't want to do the dating sites, I don't want my fiance to think I am sneaking around because I am not I just need a social life. He wants me to make friends, but of course it is my responsibility to do that, not him, so I am not going to ask him to do that for me. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN